Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2013/2014 Holiday Rambler 36SBT

Hi All,

I am considering buying a 2014 Holiday Rambler 2104 36SBY and am looking for someone with this model with the exterior color Downtown Brown. The brochures do no justice and and I am looking for a couple photos to show what the outside paint really looks like. Whatever help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #2

I have the Silver Black Burgundy model so I can't help you with pictures of Downtown Brown. But I can tell you that we bought our rig about a month ago, have taken two trips and we are very happy with the unit.

mikehend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just something to think about.

Navistar sold HR/Monaco to Fleetwood. Hopefully Fleetwood will do a good job of keeping the line going. When Monaco was still in business, they used Cummins engines. After the sale to Navistar, Navistar started using their own engines. Not everyone was excited about that and there have been some issues, but nothing major. More than likely, Fleetwood will go back to Cummins for their motors. This will leave you with about 3 years worth of coaches with Navistar engines. This may or may not lead to a desirability issue where people only want the year models with a Cummins.

Again, this may not be a big issue, but you're also looking at a coach with no clear view of who will honor warranty work during the transition from Navistar to Fleetwood. A lot of people got stung when Monaco went out of business.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for your input Don. I believe their may be some correction? Navistar, who owned HR, Monaco, and Fleetwood was bought by ASV who plans to rebuild. They leased the Navistar facility while they stand up their own which is slated to open in Sept. because of this they have stopped production until they stand up their new plant. that is why not many HRs are available today. I agree I have some skepticism regarding purchasing an HR at this time. I was told that HR would continue to honor warranty service at all HR dealerships. Don't know anything about changing engine.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
As I recall, ASV continued to honor all Fleetwood warrantees after the acquisition. I think Monaco owners had a much different experience after Navistar bought up their remaining assets.

My guess is the warranty will not be a problem, but the other potential issue about future desirability is interesting to ponder.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I think ASV was already the parent company of Fleetwood. I know they bought the Navistar, Monaco, HR lines, but I doubt they will continue to buy motors from Navistar. Navistar has had a very shakey start with their engines that ran into EPA approval issues.

Remember when Mercedes jumped into the RV market for about a year or so and was suppose to be the new thing. I wouldn't buy a used coach with a Mercedes now and I suspect they're hard to unload.

I LOVE my Monaco. I think they were the best bang for the buck right up to about 2008. After that they quit listening to the customers, built nothing but behemoth coaches when everyone else was downsizing and then took the most reliable engine on the market and traded it for the Navistar. Navistar has been used in trucks for years, but doesn't mean its proven as a motor home engine.

My PERSONAL OPINION ONLY....I would not buy a new DP that didn't have a Cummins in it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Fleetwood went the way of Monaco, then ASV bought many of their assets and reorganized them into the "new Fleetwood". That's also when they went strictly motorhome production, dropping all of their many towable products. I'm not confident of the timing, but I think it may have been around the same time Navistar bought out Monaco. I may be remembering wrong, but didn't Monaco owners loose their warranties through the bankruptcy? Fleetwood owners did not. Just a different philosophy of the new parent.

Monaco now shares the same parent as Fleetwood (ASV). I'd not be concerned about the warranty, only the possible consequences of buying a coach with the Navistar engine/drivetrain.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote