Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #1

2013 Vista 26h heat shield

I have a 2013 26h vista and I am having a heck of a time with the thunder sounds tha come from under my rig when I hit bumps, does anyone know how to fix, support, stiffen, and or eliminate this noise. I am tired of taken it to the dealer with no help from them.
Sandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2016, 06:59 AM   #2

I am also interested in a way to dampen the "booming" sound from the chassis. I've thought about adding stiffeners or bracing of some sort but have done nothing yet. Neal 2013 26HE
Buttercup987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup987 View Post
I am also interested in a way to dampen the "booming" sound from the chassis. I've thought about adding stiffeners or bracing of some sort but have done nothing yet. Neal 2013 26HE
I am thinking this weekend of running a Piece Of Unistrut down the length of the heat shield as a stiff er and possibly supporting it at an angle to the frame. The has to be a way to keep it from oil panning.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #4

LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
It would be nice if he would've showed us what he did to fix the rattle
Old 02-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi guys. Had the same problem with mine. Every time you hit a little bump on the road you could hear the tin rumble underneath. I solved the problem by running 1" angle iron across the leading edge of the shield, tack welding it to the frame then lag bolt the shield to it. Then i think there are two cross members that I lag bolted the tin to. Solved the problem.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
If I remember correctly the shield went over the cross member and the cross member had pre-punched holes and I just drilled into the shield and lag noted it. You might get away without the angle iron on the leading edge, I just didn't want to be doing it twice.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:06 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi, the thunder tin noise is not from the vertical heat shield, crawl under and you will see another one that is the width of the chassis frame and goes about 5 feet toward the back. When you put your hand in the middle and push up you will hear that dreaded noise. i added a post on how I fixed it...

Tags
heat