Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #1

2014 Class A Questions

I want to purchase my third NEW class A RV in the $300K range, I am not full time.

I realize there is no answer to the age old question "which RV manufacture produces the most reliable product?" But that's my question. I'd like to hear from owners regarding their experiences with coaches in my price range.

Currently I am looking at Tiffin Allegro Bus, Winnebago Tour, and Entegra Anthem. I want a well constructed coach with quality components. Obviously reliability and is primary. THe features i hope to find include: Heated plumbing compartment with tanks capable of sub zero temperatures, 150 gal or more fuel, aqua hot (or equivalent), 450 or greater HP, side radiator, best capability to level in uneven parking, A/C capable of temperatures in excess of 100 degrees, and a 60 degree steering cut.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Those are some big rig specification all right. All three coaches you mention are great machines but just from what I've picked up around here and in my travels... I would probably go with the Tiffin.

It'll be interesting to see what you hear from members on the sub zero temp issue. That's pretty cold.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #3

Along with the Allegro Bus, check out the 2014 Phaeton 42LH and 42QBH. These are now all electric, gas is an option. With all the new enhancements and optioms there is not a lot of difference between the the two.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I do not believe the Allegro bus can be had for $300K. Possibly in a 40 foot version, but that only has 100 gallon fuel tank (I believe). All the models you mention in 43 foot will most likely be more than $300K. The Allegro Bus (the best in my mind) in 43 foort retails for about $415K. You should be able to get a good discount off that, but not down to $300K
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
From your list of requirements, Winnebago/Itasca does not have a side radiator, only a rear radiator. However, I believe Winnebago/Itasca IS the only one of the three with a 60 wheel cut on the Freightliner chassis. All three are quality coaches, and all will exceed $300k new. Any choice will require something of a compromise. Go for the best floor plan, and the rest will follow. Good luck in your search.
TurtleKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #6

The Entegra Anthem has the polar insulation package and all of the features you list. Our ac has not been tested in the temp range you describe but I am thinking it should perfor fine. Our experience with customer service has been extremely great. although the MSRP is around $430 you should able to negotiate a deal at the price range you are looking at. You should review all posts on the owners forums for each of the models you are considering. Also there is a detailed review of construction methods for Entegra posted by Cruzer which you will find in the Entegra Coach owners forum. We have not owned one of the other coaches you list but we couldn't be happier with our Anthem and besides the comfort, features, fit, and finish this is largely due to the support from Entegra Coach. Good luck in your decision.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I don't think you'll find a NEW class A with those amenities in the $300k range...maybe look for one a couple of years old.

You might consider adding the American Coach line, they come with all the amenities noted: www.americancoach.com
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #8

If it were me I would expand my list beyond those three. If going with only those three, it would be hands down the Entegra. Good luck.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trose View Post
I want to purchase my third NEW class A RV in the $300K range, I am not full time.

I realize there is no answer to the age old question "which RV manufacture produces the most reliable product?" But that's my question. I'd like to hear from owners regarding their experiences with coaches in my price range.

Currently I am looking at Tiffin Allegro Bus, Winnebago Tour, and Entegra Anthem. I want a well constructed coach with quality components. Obviously reliability and is primary. THe features i hope to find include: Heated plumbing compartment with tanks capable of sub zero temperatures, 150 gal or more fuel, aqua hot (or equivalent), 450 or greater HP, side radiator, best capability to level in uneven parking, A/C capable of temperatures in excess of 100 degrees, and a 60 degree steering cut.
I should of mentioned that the$300K price range is not retail but cash buying price! Thank everyone for your information.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Even at cash buying price you will be hard pressed to purchase these 3 for $300K. Personally I feel the Allegro Bus would be first, the Tour second, and the Entegra a distant third.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
We looked at the Bus in Canada and ended up maybe paying $5k more for our American Coach. The Tiffin is very nice, but we fell in love with the full wall slide. AC does a nice job of making a coach. We have 450 side rad and aqua hot. We ordered ours with propane stove top and oven. I wish we could have had the Integra as a option, but unfortunately we don't have a dealer around here. The other finalist for us was Newmar. Up here we are were more in that $360-$380k range for that class. The Phaeton QBH was around the $300 plus range for us anyways.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with the other posters about the price you mentioned on getting those units new. However I had to take my MH to camping world to get it worked on and they had a 2012 tour and a 2013 tour both were brand new units. The 2012 was a 100,000 dollars cheaper. They were very similar with pretty much the same options. You might try looking for a last years model that had not sold yet.

The other advice I would give is take the time and do some travelling. I know tiffin will let you tour their facilities and just see how they make their units. I took this tour and it was pretty comprehensive. They were very good about answering questions. I cannot confirm this because I have never done it but I understand that winnebago will do the same thing.

In the for what it is worth category I really like my allegro bus and was very impressed with seeing how they were built at the factory.