Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2014, 06:11 AM   #57
PDG

What is your experience with the in-dash Jensen radio/cd/camera display unit in your ACE? Unless I am mistaken I was surprised to find it does not have bluetooth so you cannot interface your phone nor does it come with Sirius radio built in. If all this is true, has anyone found a replacement for this unit? I would hate to have to add additional hardware for these functions and clutter up the dash besides having to add the external GPS unit. Does anyone have experience with a GPS for RV'ers they could recommend?
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2014, 07:31 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
I have the 2014 30.1. CCC is over 4,000.
Either you're looking at the wrong number, or its tagged wrong. That would mean your coach weighed under 13,500 dry, and not even the shorter, lighter 29.1 with one less slide weighs that little.

Edit: If you can, find a CAT scale near you and get it weighed. I think you'll find that its significantly heavier than you think it is.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #59

Thor Owners Club
I've been reading about the "entry level" ACE until my eyes are falling out of my head and all the "problems" many have had with the product. I must be very lucky. Except for just a couple of items that I took care of myself, our ACE has bee flawless.

We have it a year and a half and have put about 10,000 miles on it. Generator works fine. Cabinets are not falling apart. More storage than we can fill, however, the bedroom storage factor is lacking.

Macerator works great although the black tank is only 20 gallons. Suggest upgrading to the 15,000 BTU A/C. In this day and age, the radio system should have the Bluetooth tech, or at least as an option.

In any event, I bought the entry level 29.2 as I am also entry level to RV ing. Being a boater for 25 years certainly helped the transition! If so many people do not like the product, why did you buy it?

A $70,000 MH will not have a tempurpedic in it! It won't have four slides! Apparantly it doesn't have Bluetooth either!

I can putter around and definitely am not a mechanic. Which is the reason I bought new. I highly recommend the ACE 29.2. We plan on another 2 month trip this summer and 2 weeks this spring (if it ever stops snowing) knowing that we will enjoy our purchase and USE it as much as possible.

Barry
Old 02-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #60
PDG

What is your experience with the in-dash Jensen radio/cd/camera display unit in your ACE? Unless I am mistaken I was surprised to find it does not have bluetooth so you cannot interface your phone nor does it come with Sirius radio built in. If all this is true, has anyone found a replacement for this unit? I would hate to have to add additional hardware for these functions and clutter up the dash besides having to add the external GPS unit. Does anyone have experience with a GPS for RV'ers they could recommend?
Thanks
Old 02-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #61

My 30.1 has a Tempurpedic in it! Well, I had to put it in myself. We had a King tempurpedic in the house but my wife hated it. It's better than the RV mattress so we agreed it would make a better RV mattress.

I just shook my head as I cut that king down to a short queen to fit, thinking of the money that mattress cost me when it was new.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDG View Post
Thanks
It's serviceable, it works. The bass/treble settings are a little bit hidden. It's definitely not a state of the art stereo. The only thing I wish it had was bluetooth but that can be added with a little bluetooth dongle plugged into the Aux port.

As far as GPS goes, I am using my Google Nexus 7 tablet along with a Ram mount. I mostly use Waze or Google Maps for navigation. Having the tablet is nice since you can always stop and take a look at the AllStays app on the same device!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:23 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigInSeattle View Post
As far as GPS goes, I am using my Google Nexus 7 tablet along with a Ram mount. I mostly use Waze or Google Maps for navigation. Having the tablet is nice since you can always stop and take a look at the AllStays app on the same device!
Same here, although using CoPilot. CoPilot is RV aware for height/propane restrictions and doesnt require a data connection.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #64

Just as an FYI, here is the weight sticker for my 2014 30.1. It looks like I have around 2954 remaining capacity

Old 02-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
According to the specs on Thor’s website and owners’ manual the 2014 (as well as the 2013) ACE has a “Crown Roof w/ Exterior TPO Membrane”.
This is from the website: Vacu-Bond™ Laminated Roof Standard on all models. I have one. It's not TPO. It's the same materials as the walls.[/QUOTE]

I was told by the salesman the roof is the same material as used at Denver int. Airport. It isn't fiberglass.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:16 AM   #66

Thor site has both listed. Vacu-Bondô Laminated Roof Crown Roof w/ Exterior TPO Membrane best guess would be the TPO is over the laminated roof

Tags
thor