Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Angry 2015 Thor Hurricane 34F TV's Not Working

OK... This is a good one. Under our TV we have a small cabinet (2015 Thor Hurricane) that we store our Videos in. There is a 110vac outlet there that our TV plugs into. Things were fine until we plugged in a small heater. Watched TV all evening, nice and warm... went to bed, and about 3am the little woman got up to go to the bathroom and noticed the heater was not working. Went back to bed, and in the morning told me about it. First thing I checked was the breakers... nope... all fine there. Next thing was the fuses... all fine there. GFI in bathroom... all fine there... The bedroom RV is also not working now, as well as the plugs in the area where our DVD player is located above the fridge. All else if fine. Did I miss something? Is there another ground fault located somewhere?

Thanks in advance for all your help...
Jack

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #2

I ran into a breaker problem in my MH. In a S&B when a breaker kicks out you can visually see the breaker in a position different from off and on. My MH kicked a breaker and I just assumed it would be the same. NOPE. Once I switched main and 110vac breakers off and on again problem corrected itself. May or may not be your problem.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #3

Your TVs are probably getting power through an inverter and you've blown a fuse or breaker in it.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasA View Post
Your TVs are probably getting power through an inverter and you've blown a fuse or breaker in it.
X2.

I did the same thing on our 2014 34F. Our inverter was under the bed. One of the wood panels needed to be unscrewed in order to gain access to the inverter in order to reset it.

2014 Allegro 36LA
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #5

We did the same thing plugging a shop vac into one of the inverter outlets. It blew the breaker and none of the TV's or the House stereo worked. It took me about two hours to figure this out and just by chance I found the breaker on the inverter. The breaker is located on the actual inverter itself. Ours is located in one of the storage bays. Just find your inverter, and hit the reset button and you will be back in business. Also pay attention to what outlets are hooked thru the inverter, and you can still plug your heater into the other ones without tripping the inverter breaker.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Good ideas for sure. The only one I have not tried so far is the inverter reset, because I have to remove it to get to the far side. I am able to turn the inverter on so know the internal fuse is good, but output may not be working. Next step is to remove it and give that a try. For what it is worth, Thor suggested the same thing about the reset. Will keep posted on the outcome.

Thanks so much guys!!
Old 12-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Under your hood, in your BCC (FW 2050), check fuse F5 (5 amp) (TV Cutoff)
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
GREAT idea... never thought of that one... Thanks so much! I will let you know if that did the trick. Waiting for the weather to clear up a bit ha ha...

Jack
Old 12-02-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Not only is the problem the inverter button breaker, but just finding the inverter and then finding the button breaker can be an arduous task. In the RV manufacturing industry the most vindictive people are the ones who determine where and how the inverter is mounted.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Yea... I found the problem. I feel really stupid because I saw this early on, but ignored it because I was told by Thor that there was a reset button and not a fuse. I assumed the big fuse cap on the front of the inverter was for input (to protect the inverter) and not for output. Well... you guessed it. That fuse is for output not input like I thought. It uses an SLC 15A Buss fuse in the output line, and since my inverter has pass-through AC, there was no power to the AC outlets for the TV's & Accessories. Hope this helps someone else should this ever happen to them...

Thanks so much to all for your input.. really kept my wheels turning

Jack, Sally and our babies, Tasha & Ladyann (our shepherds)
2015 Thor Hurracane

Tags
hurricane, thor