Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2015, 04:10 PM   #15

I am currently in the research phase of my next purchase.. even though its about 5+ years away...

We purchased a new Itasca Sunstar three years ago.. We have been VERY happy with the Itasca line.. Yes, had a couple issues, but no more than anyone else purchasing a new one. We have been equally happy with the support we've gotten from WBGO.

We were at the Chicago RV show in February and we crawled all over the Ellipse Ultra they had on display.. I must admit, it is one FINE coach.. it has all the goodies, just like the Newmar and Entegra.. My GF is completely sold on the Ellipse.. me, I'm still in research mode.. Personally, I really thought my next RV would be a Newmar.. I don't know what it was.. but based on reading everything on this forum.. I just tended to gravitate towards them.. However, I've never set foot in one..

I had the opportunity to really examine the Entegra line.. and to me.. I think the Entegra and Newmar are pretty much on the same playing field.. its pretty much a Chevy vs Ford argument... they're both excellent coaches.. you cannot go wrong with either of them..

To my situation.. I like the Ellipse.. but its not the same as the Newmar or Entegra.. it just isn't.. not bad mouthing the Ellipse... I had the chance to get inside an Entegra and there is a difference.. I have been leaning towards the Aspire (44B).. we currently have the bath and half and really like it.. especially when we're entertaining with friends.. but floorplans are very personal.. and they need to work for you..

Anyway.. good luck.. I've been following along for the ride with you.. enjoy reading all your questions and responses..

oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
I am currently in the research phase of my next purchase.. even though its about 5+ years away...

We purchased a new Itasca Sunstar three years ago.. We have been VERY happy with the Itasca line.. Yes, had a couple issues, but no more than anyone else purchasing a new one. We have been equally happy with the support we've gotten from WBGO.

We were at the Chicago RV show in February and we crawled all over the Ellipse Ultra they had on display.. I must admit, it is one FINE coach.. it has all the goodies, just like the Newmar and Entegra.. My GF is completely sold on the Ellipse.. me, I'm still in research mode.. Personally, I really thought my next RV would be a Newmar.. I don't know what it was.. but based on reading everything on this forum.. I just tended to gravitate towards them.. However, I've never set foot in one..

I had the opportunity to really examine the Entegra line.. and to me.. I think the Entegra and Newmar are pretty much on the same playing field.. its pretty much a Chevy vs Ford argument... they're both excellent coaches.. you cannot go wrong with either of them..

To my situation.. I like the Ellipse.. but its not the same as the Newmar or Entegra.. it just isn't.. not bad mouthing the Ellipse... I had the chance to get inside an Entegra and there is a difference.. I have been leaning towards the Aspire (44B).. we currently have the bath and half and really like it.. especially when we're entertaining with friends.. but floorplans are very personal.. and they need to work for you..

Anyway.. good luck.. I've been following along for the ride with you.. enjoy reading all your questions and responses..
I agree 100%. I loved the Ellipse, but when I stepped into the Entegra I was in love. It had the WOW factor that I was needing to spend that kind of money. All coaches are going to have problems, its all in how those problems are handled that counts. We are looking at the 44B as well and debating on just spending a little bit more to get into the Anthem. I actually put a deposit down on a Newmar, Dutch Star, without stepping a foot in it. Newmar is an excellent coach. When we got to the dealership and I saw the Entegra line I was blown away. The Dutch Star had a ceiling wood thing that I didn't like and there were a couple other small things that I didn't like, but again I was nit picking. It all comes down to personal preference. The Entegra suited my taste

Old 11-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The Entegras are definitely lower priced (read cheaper) than lots of similar sized MHs. Don't know whether that's good or bad...you'll have to make that decision.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
The Entegras are definitely lower priced (read cheaper) than lots of similar sized MHs. Don't know whether that's good or bad...you'll have to make that decision.
Not sure what you're trying to insinuate... but there is nothing "cheap" about the Entegra line of motorhomes..

Are they price competitive... yep.. they sure are..

I'm assuming that comes by leveraging purchasing power of their parent company, Jayco... which, I think, is a good thing.. but to "throw out there" that Entegra's are "cheap", as in cheaply made.. Sorry, you're dead wrong on that one.. and I don't even own one...

I think their price competitiveness comes from two places... they are able to leverage bulk pricing with Jayco and they offer limited floorplans.. I can only assume the lack of customization has to keep the cost down.. I also assume the can institute "best practices" better than most companies, as they are constantly building the same floor plans with limited variations..

There is nothing "cheap" about them... except maybe the price... as it compares to other, similar models..
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
We had an Entegra Factory Tour in Sept. We were very impressed. They just do things better than most. We have been to Winnebago, NewMar, Tiffin and the old Monaco factories, and Entegra just seems to go the extra step. We are on our third Winnie and have been very pleased with all of them but our next one will be an Entegra.

We like the interior of the Aspire best (less fluffy and gaudy) but it only has a 100 gal fuel tank and uses propane for the Hydra-Hot. We would want the 150 gal tank and all electric. But then the Cornerstone has 600 HP.....
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
We had an Entegra Factory Tour in Sept. We were very impressed. They just do things better than most. We have been to Winnebago, NewMar, Tiffin and the old Monaco factories, and Entegra just seems to go the extra step. We are on our third Winnie and have been very pleased with all of them but our next one will be an Entegra.

We like the interior of the Aspire best (less fluffy and gaudy) but it only has a 100 gal fuel tank and uses propane for the Hydra-Hot. We would want the 150 gal tank and all electric. But then the Cornerstone has 600 HP.....
Haha. That's the word I was looking for! "Gaudy" that's why I liked the Aspire. It was just enough without mirrors on the ceiling and such. Some of the motorhomes I have been in look like strip clubs! ROFL
Old 11-26-2015, 06:31 AM   #21

Entegra coaches cannot be beat... I have owned beaver - Monaco dynasty and a new tuscany... and have walked through and tested tiffin bus- grand tour-ellipse ultra just recently bought a 2014 anthem 44b- absolutely a beautiful coach from top to bottom.
I am blown away by this coach... drives like a S class Mercedes.. feels like 5 star hotel inside..... is built like a country coach.. just look at the build sheet and look what entegra puts in there coaches, why would anybody buy those others after researching this coach. don't even consider any of those others...
Old 11-27-2015, 07:40 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
...Not sure what you're trying to insinuate... but there is nothing "cheap" about the Entegra line of motorhomes...
Not trying to insinuate anything... they don't cost as much.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Not trying to insinuate anything... they don't cost as much.
I agree completely, the other comparable brands are way over priced for what you get. The value and quality is there in an Entegra. Thanks for pointing that out.
Rotis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
It's really not an apples to apples comparison between Aspire and Dutch Star. Aspire stacks up somewhere between the Ventana and the DS. DS has Independant front suspension, passive steer tag axle, 150 gal fuel tank. These are all big ticket items and it's hard to compare pricing. DS is somewhere between Aspire and Anthem. The two manufacturers don't match up parallel models very well. However, they would be my choice if I were in the market for a new one, as well.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
It's really not an apples to apples comparison between Aspire and Dutch Star. Aspire stacks up somewhere between the Ventana and the DS. DS has Independant front suspension, passive steer tag axle, 150 gal fuel tank. These are all big ticket items and it's hard to compare pricing. DS is somewhere between Aspire and Anthem. The two manufacturers don't match up parallel models very well. However, they would be my choice if I were in the market for a new one, as well.
Agreed, but in this case they were comparing brands in a price range. It comes down to which one they "like" the best for reasons that suit them. As you stated it's very difficult to find a true apples to apples comparison in motorhome manufacturers.

We went from a 2014 Phaeton QBH to the Anthem, we loved the Phaeton and never had any problems with it. We had no plans to buy again, until we saw the Anthem.

Rotis is online now   Reply With Quote