Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #1

2016 Entegra Aspire 44B

So my husband and I have been "tire kicking" motorhome for the past 2 years. We looked at every make and model withing the 300k range and narrowed it down to 3. The Itasca Ellipse, Newmar Dutch star and the Entegra Aspire. I have to say for the money the Entegra has it all. My problem is I have never heard of them until recently. I have searched for reviews and can't seem to find any complaints. Is no reviews a good thing? Any info would be helpful! Just would like to hear opinions before we sign on the dotted line. 😊
SassyPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to the forum. We have sections on each manufacturer you mentioned. You can go to each and see what others are saying. Since you couldn't find anything on Entegras , here's a link to that one.
Entegra Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyPeach View Post
So my husband and I have been "tire kicking" motorhome for the past 2 years. We looked at every make and model withing the 300k range and narrowed it down to 3. The Itasca Ellipse, Newmar Dutch star and the Entegra Aspire. I have to say for the money the Entegra has it all. My problem is I have never heard of them until recently. I have searched for reviews and can't seem to find any complaints. Is no reviews a good thing? Any info would be helpful! Just would like to hear opinions before we sign on the dotted line. 😊
Entegra used to be Travel Supreme so the line has been around for a good while. It has a new owner, Jayco one of if not the largest privately owned RV company in the country.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The wife and I are on our second Entegra in two years (another story). While every make and model will have its issues, you will not find a better dollar value feature for feature than Entegra. AND you cannot beat the Bontrager family's warranty (2 years) or the fantastic support from customer service.
Just a word of warning, reach up to the Anthem if you go the Entegra route. The all-electric, larger fuel tank, and no-LP, are worth it for most.
That being said, we liked our 1st Entegra, an Aspire, a lot. We wanted a bit more room and found we like the other trade-ups as well.
Good Luck!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
It seems odd that you include an Itasca in the same comparison as the other two.

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Welcome to the forum. We have sections on each manufacturer you mentioned. You can go to each and see what others are saying. Since you couldn't find anything on Entegras , here's a link to that one.
Entegra Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

Cliff

Thanks will do!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:32 AM   #7

Yeah my husband and I were talking about the propane thing this morning!! The Anthem that the dealer has I wouldn't want so it would mean another o month of waiting for my motorhome. Ugh. Thanks for the advice. I greatly appreciate it!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGus View Post
It seems odd that you include an Itasca in the same comparison as the other two.

Really? Why is that? First motorhome here. I can tell u a lot about fifth wheels, but nada on motorhome.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:00 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
We've had our Aspire for almost a year and have been extremely happy with the purchase. I don't think you can go wrong with the Entegra brand. We are not full timing but haven't used a full tank of propane yet.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #10

We went from a 5th wheel to a 2015 Aspire.......no regrets

All RVs break so you have to buy from a company that supports the owners. The Entegra customer service is the best I've ever seen.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGus View Post

Is there something wrong with Itasca?
I know the Ellipse has a msrp for like $400,000
Is it a sub par unit?

I have heard good things about Winnebago/Itasca customer service and support.
Just curious on what others have to say about the product.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funhaus View Post
Is there something wrong with Itasca?

I know the Ellipse has a msrp for like $400,000

Is it a sub par unit?

I have heard good things about Winnebago/Itasca customer service and support.

Just curious on what others have to say about the product.

The Ellipse/Tour coaches appear to be well built and well designed. They have had some problems with their full wall slide but it appears that most of the coach builders have struggled with them. Continue to research and look at coaches with an open mind. The Ellipse will hold its own with those other coaches you mentioned.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
We've had our Aspire for almost a year and have been extremely happy with the purchase. I don't think you can go wrong with the Entegra brand. We are not full timing but haven't used a full tank of propane yet.
Thanks! I love hearing from actual owners and not just salespeople.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
We went from a 5th wheel to a 2015 Aspire.......no regrets

All RVs break so you have to buy from a company that supports the owners. The Entegra customer service is the best I've ever seen.
I have heard nothing but good things