Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2016, 07:58 AM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
I was going to keep my mouth shut on this one but I just can't do it, I hear everyone talking up Newmar, yes they are a very nice looking coach with great fit and finish, but the Newmar has 2X3 pine floor truss construction and bat fibreglass insulation . This process did not work for winni in the 80s why should it work for newmar now. While vacationing in florida in the winter, on a cool morning you can see the condensation line on the walls of the newmar coaches about 2 feet from the top caused by the insulation compacting while driving down the road.
After shopping for over two years and looking at every offering in the high end gas market I purchased a 2015 holiday rambler new which is basically a fleetwood blunder. All wiring throughout the entire coach is loomed and labeled as is all plumbing, all protrusions for wire and plumbing are neat and are grommeted and sealed. The floor, roof and walls are vaccubonded and all window cutouts are sealed so that if a leak from a window seal should occur the water will run down the inside wall of the coach rather than between the walls causing denomination as would happen in a hung wall coach like newmar builds. We have had our coach since last August, have traveled over 17000 miles and have had no real issues, we have been to the factory for service which has been second to none as far as quality goes. When I decide to purchase a new coach my shopping process will be easy, if I don't buy a provost or a Newell, it will be a REV product unless the build quality of the main structure and piping and wiring practices improve greatly in other brands.
Mrfix

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:32 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfix View Post
I was going to keep my mouth shut on this one but I just can't do it
I too was going to stay out of this one LOL. I have 2016 bounder 35k and absolutely would put my coach up to the Newmar or Tiffin. I looked at EVERY manufacturer in the 36-39 foot gas coach range. I was not impressed until we walked into the Newmar. We loved it and was very impressed, BUT..... we had not seen the bounder 35k and only could see the 2015 which did not have the drop down bunk. I cannot speak for the 2017 models but from what I have seen the Newmar CS, Tiffin 36LA, and the FW 36y for 2017 all seem to be very close in layout, electronics, and chassis (FW now has the 24K available in the Ford chassis) I have had my bounder back to the factory for warranty work last February, they had it for about 5 weeks in a time that I was not planned to use it (my decision to leave it there and told them I did not mind if they kept it for a few months). They absolutely did a great job to include replacing my entire roof (it was not necessary but Fleetwood said they wanted to anyway since I had brought it to the factory and had the time) The roof is a different story on a thread I have if you want to read it. It was not due to any leaking I had.

the deal breaker at the time I bought was the cost differential in the newmar and the Fleetwood, it was fairly significant and I looked at all the specs on both and felt the newmar was too much for what I got in my bounder. There are pros and cons on all three models, and I honestly do not think you would be wrong in any one you pick for whatever your reasons are.

For me price, quality, and layout in the bounder out weighed the tiffin and the newmar. I love my bounder and I could not even think of having a coach without the drop down bunk. Just my humble opinion and experience. Oh and my shower is by far the largest of any of those three coached at least in the 2016 year group.

Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:10 PM   #31

Bought my Tiffin 36LA in 2013 and still would not trade it for any other gas coach and we have seen them all. Never made a trip back to dealer yet. Any problems which I have had which have been few I've fixed myself with dealer or factory shipping the parts to my residence.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
I too was going to stay out of this one LOL. I have 2016 bounder 35k and absolutely would put my coach up to the Newmar or Tiffin. I looked at EVERY manufacturer in the 36-39 foot gas coach range. I was not impressed until we walked into the Newmar. We loved it and was very impressed, BUT..... we had not seen the bounder 35k and only could see the 2015 which did not have the drop down bunk. I cannot speak for the 2017 models but from what I have seen the Newmar CS, Tiffin 36LA, and the FW 36y for 2017 all seem to be very close in layout, electronics, and chassis (FW now has the 24K available in the Ford chassis) I have had my bounder back to the factory for warranty work last February, they had it for about 5 weeks in a time that I was not planned to use it (my decision to leave it there and told them I did not mind if they kept it for a few months). They absolutely did a great job to include replacing my entire roof (it was not necessary but Fleetwood said they wanted to anyway since I had brought it to the factory and had the time) The roof is a different story on a thread I have if you want to read it. It was not due to any leaking I had.

the deal breaker at the time I bought was the cost differential in the newmar and the Fleetwood, it was fairly significant and I looked at all the specs on both and felt the newmar was too much for what I got in my bounder. There are pros and cons on all three models, and I honestly do not think you would be wrong in any one you pick for whatever your reasons are.

For me price, quality, and layout in the bounder out weighed the tiffin and the newmar. I love my bounder and I could not even think of having a coach without the drop down bunk. Just my humble opinion and experience. Oh and my shower is by far the largest of any of those three coached at least in the 2016 year group.
Thank you for your response and opinion. It's good to hear that there are some that absolutely love their Bounders!
Old 07-24-2016, 09:02 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Bought my Tiffin 36LA in 2013 and still would not trade it for any other gas coach and we have seen them all. Never made a trip back to dealer yet. Any problems which I have had which have been few I've fixed myself with dealer or factory shipping the parts to my residence.
We love Tiffin as a whole. We love the design on their coaches and paint schemes. It's also good to hear a good experience with Tiffin because I have read about so many having to take theirs to Red Bay to get them fixed.

Although, I am pretty sure its pretty common for ANY new RV to have issues at this point....it's not just one brand.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #34

2017 Bounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
Ok, someone talk me down! Lol

We just went and looked at a 2017 Bounder 35k....we love the cabinets and Floorplan (especially the drop down bunk). I was surprised at how well it drove and the quality overall. It didn't seem or feel cheap at all.

We are going back a few for on how much they will discount the Bounder and how much they will give for my trade. The problem is I don't really know what my trade is really worth. They are will to give me 30k for my 2012 thor hurricane 30q (which I bought for $47k only 4 months ago) and they are willing to sell the Bounder for $130k (MSRP is $183k). So they are willing to discount almost 30% but give me crappie for my trade. But..what's fair for my trade? That's the question.
Just bought the 36h. Did a little better on the price that 130k. They offered nothing for my trade so I sold it outright and did much better. You can look up the value of yours on www.NADA.com. When you figure the worth don't bother with any of the options you have- they don't count.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:46 PM   #35

Which One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
Very cool, glad you found the one for you.

We keep going back and forth on buying a new coach. One minute we love the idea of having a new, top of the line gas coach with all the new features... black tank flush, inverter, 4 batteries, residential fridge and the list goes on. Ours is a basic, entry level class A. We like it, it still looks new and only has 16k miles on it. But then we realize that the new coach is going to be $900 / month versus the almost $400 we pay now. So it will be at least twice as much a month. Is it worth it? THAT IS THE QUESTION.... and we continue to wrestle with it.
If yours works you're probably better with the devil you know. A new one doesn't mean trouble free. Everyone 've talked to say the older ones are better built but don't have all the bells and whistles.

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, tiffin