Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-11-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
Workhorse Chassis Owner
24" OTR Microwave replacement

We have a Samsung MR6699GB microwave in our 04 Fleetwood Fiesta. It is 23 1/2" wide. It has suddenly started coming on when we plug in to shore power & will not respond otherwise. Is there a reprogramming sequence that will correct this? Or, does anyone know of a replacement 24" OTR that will fit in the hole? I've seen several countertop units with adapter mounting brackets but would prefer the real thing.

JoefromCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #2
Be careful! My 2003 Samsung caught fire on its own. I would unplug it immediately. Samsung had a recall as the key board had a shorting problem whether or not it was in use. It could short on it's own. The replace mine by sending me $200. I replaced for $100. Follow their instructions to the letter on the recall. Don't throw anything away before they tell you.

2004 Winnebago 30b Motorhome
Accompanied by a 2015 Ford Focus or a 2007 Ural Patrol or 2006 BMW/Hannigan Sidecar Rig
daydream37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:57 AM   #3
24" OTR Microwave replacement

I was looking for a replacement OTR microwave for my Dutch Star and found that currently nobody makes one that is less then 27 inches wide. The standard seems to be 30" wide. The ones that mount over the counter that I looked at stated specifically not to be installed OTR.

The Apollo in my DS is only 22" wide and is also the stoves vent to the roof. My MW still works but has a serious hot spot in the middle so we are still using it. A lots of major cabinet work in my DS if I want to replace mine with a vented OTR microwave that is wider. So if yours is fixable that might be the path of least resistance. If you find a vented OTR microwave that is less then 24" wide please let me know.

Just a side note, the Apollo in my 2003 DS was manufactured in 1999.

DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #4
I ordered this Microwave Convection oven from Walmart for a 2002 Bounder we just traded - Daewoo 1.0 cu ft Convection Oven, Stainless Steel. Not sure how yours is installed but it fit almost perfectly in the Bounder with a little modification to the trim and the mounting bracket. At $100 it was about 20 percent of the cost from CW and other dealers. Seemed to work fine for the 16 months we had it. Check Walmart at - Daewoo 1.0 cu ft Convection Oven, Stainless Steel - Walmart.com
MikeandJan is offline   Reply With Quote

ace, replace, replacement