Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #1

Coastal Campers
Question 250# tongue wt allegro strenghen 4 scooter

I just bought an Allegro 2007 34 TGA. The book says the tongue weight is only 250# which seems awfully low. If it is 250, any suggestions to beef it up or secure it better to the frame so I can mount a rack and a Honda elite sccoter.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
is it 250 because of the hitch or because of the rear suspension most 5000 lb hitches have a 500 lb tounge rating if they are saying 250 I would assume it is the rear suspension reducing the tounge rate

Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #3

it sounds very low on my artic cat silver fox 30 ft tonge weight is 1200 lbs
as a general rule of thumb you want 10-12 percent of weight on the tounge on my frame (front) near jack there is a tag showing total weight and tongue weight
dave
Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
be careful about the tag That is what the hitch is rated for does not mean the coach can handle that
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #5

agree i ment to say the tag was on the camper at the front of the jack mine shows dry and wet weight and tongue weights i inhereted mine boy i would not have never bought one with a tongue weight at 25%
other is a class a
dave
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish
agree i ment to say the tag was on the camper at the front of the jack mine shows dry and wet weight and tongue weights i inhereted mine boy i would not have never bought one with a tongue weight at 25%
other is a class a
dave
Low weight probably does have to do with the Motorhome suspension. If you are not too heavily loaded you might be ok. I would never overload on purpose, but you may be very close. The new 110 Elite weighs about 250 lbs with fluids. The rack should weigh 50 lbs or so, so not a big overload. I'd call Tiffin or check with one of the guys ar www.tiffinrvnetwork.com. Safe travels

Pittsburgh Pa
PittPaBus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
250, allegro 34 tga, scooter, tongue weight