Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #15
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've put about 6000 miles on 6 of the
SAILUN S637 225/70R19.5

Seems the price is around $130 - $150 each, Yours may be higher.

These were installed by the previous owner a year and half ago just before they put the MH up for sale. Not sure how many miles they put on them. We've had the MH since Nov 2014 and put a little over 6k miles on it since we owned it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S_Wheels_Brakes_WheelTire_1_SMALL.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	88111  

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 04:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I know you have concerns about Chinese tires, but I have seen a lot of good things about Samson's on this board and I know they make that size... I intend on giving them a good look when I need to replace my steers.

Steve
Steve, I am starting to think this myself the I should consider China tire. $2310 for the Summit China tire opposed to the $2876 they are quoting for the Sumitomo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
"Everyone is telling me they have no access to the Toyo's in our size 275/70R 22.5. I think they dont make them anymore."
They used 265-75R-22.5 Toyo's to replace my 275/70R 22.5.
What size coach did you put these on? Is it heavy DP? If they are 265's I would think they are a little shorter but around the same width? Did you notice size difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Have you looked at the Firestone FS561. I recently purchased 6 Firestones ( FS591s load range H) for my coach $2551.38 mounted and balanced. Made in the USA
What state are you in and where did you get these at this price if you don't mind me asking?

Old 03-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #17

We recently had the Sumitomos in that size installed on our Fleetwood. We used a local auto repair shop here in the Jacksonville, FL area that has a truck tire service as part of his business. He came out to our house and mounted and balanced the tires for $2,480.00. We replaced G670 tires which were aged out. I was skeptical of the Sumitomos as I couldn't find a lot of info on them related to RV use but decided that for the money, I couldn't go wrong. So far, I am pleased with the ride. It is too early to tell about the wear.
cakelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelley View Post
We recently had the Sumitomos in that size installed on our Fleetwood. We used a local auto repair shop here in the Jacksonville, FL area that has a truck tire service as part of his business. He came out to our house and mounted and balanced the tires for $2,480.00. We replaced G670 tires which were aged out. I was skeptical of the Sumitomos as I couldn't find a lot of info on them related to RV use but decided that for the money, I couldn't go wrong. So far, I am pleased with the ride. It is too early to tell about the wear.
could you give me the name of the shop you used? the coach that I have is actually in Hudson Florida right now and that's where I'm looking for tires. Jacksonville is not that far and I could arrange something. That is a better price then I can find them for by about $400. and how long ago was it that you got these tires? And was it 6 tired? thank you
Old 03-12-2015, 05:55 AM   #19

We used Coker Services in Middleburg, FL. He installed all six tires for us in Jan of this year. I will PM the number I have for him, as it might be his cell phone and he may not want that number on a public forum. He came highly recommended by a friend of mine who has owned several RVs. He was efficient and did quality work.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #20

Quote:
We used Coker Services in Middleburg, FL. He installed all six tires for us in Jan of this year. I will PM the number I have for him, as it might be his cell phone and he may not want that number on a public forum. He came highly recommended by a friend of mine who has owned several RVs. He was efficient and did quality work.
Thank you Cal. I got your pm and appreciated the referral. I will call him this morning for sure. I will respond back after talking to him. Fingers crossed as I like that price.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Con, I wanted to thank you! I got a hold of Coker Services yesterday. He is actually going to drive 30 miles to meet my driver at a Pilot Gas station and swap out 6 - 275/70R 22.5 Sumitomo ST727 for $2380 OTD installed with balance beads for balancing. This is a great deal! Thanks again for the referral!

Dave
Old 03-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #22

Good to hear! I'm glad that it is working out for you and I hope you have the same great experience we did.

Con
Old 03-14-2015, 01:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocDog View Post
Con, I wanted to thank you! I got a hold of Coker Services yesterday. He is actually going to drive 30 miles to meet my driver at a Pilot Gas station and swap out 6 - 275/70R 22.5 Sumitomo ST727 for $2380 OTD installed with balance beads for balancing. This is a great deal! Thanks again for the referral!

Dave
Please keep us posted how it goes. I will be in St. Augustine last week of March for spring break and need 4 Sumitomos /same size for the rear. Im willing to drive a little further and meet them.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Good to hear! I'm glad that it is working out for you and I hope you have the same great experience we did.

Con
Me too. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieL View Post
Please keep us posted how it goes. I will be in St. Augustine last week of March for spring break and need 4 Sumitomos /same size for the rear. Im willing to drive a little further and meet them.
Will do. I will post up after I get them and give feedback.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:50 AM   #25

RocDog, Did you purchase the tire and have them installed by Coker Services ? Id like to know how it all went?

Thanks