Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #1

3126 engine swap

good afternoon , I am in need of some serious help regarding an engine swap, in order to keep it short, I have a 3126 cat engine out of a late 90s pusher RV, the application im using that engine for is different, and I do not have a serial number of the coach the engine came out of, (unit was burnt}, My dilemma is, my late ninties 3126 has an intake that comes out on the passenger side of the motor, or rather just above the turbo, and has two pipes that comes out and will go across the valve cover, then over to the inter cooler, so basically I am looking for the silicone boot that goes from the two pipes down to the single outletfrom inter cooler, my issue is, the parts are available, but no one can look them up with out a serial number to the chasis,so if I could find someone that had that set up, and even if they could call the chasis company to get a part number so I could order the part,as long as the dimensions were accurate???, the old motor I am removing has the intake on the opposite side and only one tube, to deep to quit now, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
No direct part number help, but plumbing a turbo (and intercooler) is no big deal - lots and lots of silicon joining tubes available - and aluminum connecting pipe if you need it.

If you can post a photo - and better yet, sizes of the pipes, Likely can steer you in the right direction for non-factory parts.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #3

3126 motor swap

absolutely, it will take a little bit, not realy good on the forums with posting pics, but I know the twin pipes are 2and 1/4 inches each, and it will open to roughly 3 and 1/4 its kinda like a y but more like a fork, I found them on late ninties ford l 8000 tractors,
Old 12-29-2015, 03:53 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
So it's a 2 into 1 thing? That's going to be hard to find. What I'd be looking to do is have an exhaust shop build a 3.25 to 2 x 2.25 pipe and expect to join using silicone connectors (lots available online).

A photo would be best - if you can't post it to the forum, posting it anywhere to the internet would work with a link.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:46 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
3126 is a pretty common engine. Any decent truck shop ought to be able to fabricate for you.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12 '02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
NHSO RVM103
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:05 AM   #6

I have the same boot on mine but don't think my number will help its a 96 safari sarrengetti on a Magnum chassis but when I go get parts no one knows what I'm talking about. I think if mine ever needs replacing I'm going to fabricate the two pipes together so I can use one 3 inch boot. Good Luck
Old 12-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #7

Thank you, still gives me hope though
Old 12-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #8

3126 engine swap

I'm not sure how this works ,,but I posted a pick of a 3126 still in a truck somewhere, and where the two aluminum pipes go into inter cooler is a orange silicone connection tube , let me know if this help. The hanks

Tags
engine