Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #71

Yep, when I have tech issues, wiki is usually the best resource.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #72

I finally took my trip. The rig did Great! Up hill on the 14 freeway (ca) from san fernando valley towards palmdale the coach drove at 2k-3200RPM between 45-55mph.

It did not feel like it worked hard and I never had to really punch down on the accelerator. My water tank (80gal I think) was 3/4 full all other tanks mostly empty and my gas tank was 3/4 full (60gal cap).

Had it loaded with all my gear and 2 people and 2 small dogs.

The jeep gas tank was empty.

All and all the trip was good and the coach did a fantastic job towing 30ft behind it loaded with almost 5500lbs.
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV with Trailer.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	188027
Old 01-07-2018, 06:38 PM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Glad to hear all went well
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:13 AM   #74

My post only deals with weight issues, so disregard if you have all the info you need. However, some of us here will have to share the road with you. Just because you had an uneventful trip doesn't mean you are safe or legal.

I am late to the party and tried to read all of the previous comments. I apologize if I missed this, but have you weighed your MH and loaded trailer at a truck scale? If so,This page may help to calculate your towing limits (you may need to estimate some categories).

Towing Calculator | Husky Towing

Be sure to use fully loaded weights for MH and trailer and allow a 10% safety margin. Why a 10% safety margin? You will know the answer after you have descended a few 7% grades.

May you continue to have safe travels. Your rig as you posted in your photo above gives me the willies.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
My post only deals with weight issues, so disregard if you have all the info you need. However, some of us here will have to share the road with you. Just because you had an uneventful trip doesn't mean you are safe or legal.

I am late to the party and tried to read all of the previous comments. I apologize if I missed this, but have you weighed your MH and loaded trailer at a truck scale? If so,This page may help to calculate your towing limits (you may need to estimate some categories).

Be sure to use fully loaded weights for MH and trailer and allow a 10% safety margin. Why a 10% safety margin? You will know the answer after you have descended a few 7% grades.

May you continue to have safe travels. Your rig as you posted in your photo above gives me the willies.
Thank you for your post, with all due respect and I know its kind of a rude response but I am very blunt so, your willies are of no concern to me. I have indeed weighed it and i come in 2000+ lbs under 26k combined and fully loaded and I am also about 6-7ft under 65ft full length.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
To me it may look questionable to some but to me the longer trailer is much more stable and less “squirrelly”.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
To me it may look questionable to some but to me the longer trailer is much more stable and less “squirrelly”.

X2

The length can be a pain but if you are boon docking it may not be an issue.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #78

Quote:
I agree.... I have a short trailer and I can feel it back there but this aluma, its like its not even there.

It really is a breeze to drive behind the coach. been through gas stations and other parking lots and didnt even come close to getting stuck, even backing up into my culdesac thats not big at all with cars parked on both sides leaving me about 3ft of space on each side.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #79

Monaco Owners Club
I think others may also think it’s a much heavier trailer because it is a deck over design which makes look much bigger with the load higher. Looks like you have plenty of straps on it though.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #80

Quote:
I think others may also think it’s a much heavier trailer because it is a deck over design which makes look much bigger with the load higher. Looks like you have plenty of straps on it though.
yeah it looks massive but the trailer only weighs 1600lbs and it is OVER strapped
Old 01-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #81

well I guess the weight police don't just live in the toy-hauler section
TXsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, tow, towing, trailer