Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
$4/$5/$6 Gas

With gas going to $4 and maybe as high as $6 will it stop you from taking long RV trips? I will still go RVing but not as many long trips. I hope gas will not stay this high too long. Soon to be a full timer I hope.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I will adjust some, but I will still go out and have fun. We are leaving our boat and Moho at lake havasu for 2 months and we will drive our civic back and forth. We live about 5 hours away. Won't take the boat out to far from the marina.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #3

I will be a fulltimer soon to but it will be in our driveway.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
We had planned our fourth trip out west.
(we live in Georgia) We have cancelled the trip. I could come up with the money, but principal has to come in somewhere. I will not give every dime I have for overpriced gas. We will go local, but will not take any long trips.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #5

We have canceled several long trips for this year, but do plan to camp at various Upstate New York sites including Lake George, Watkins Glen and finger lakes...all close to our home...We're hoping that good times can be had near our back yard...
Charlie traveling with Harley....
RvWithHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Obama said Friday he was looking into it and prices in FLA have started down already. $3.71 gas/$3.98 diesel.

Did you stop traveling when it went from $1 to $2 or $2 to $3, $3 to $4 ? ?
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have a big trip planned for next year to the East Coast and back so we are cutting back on travel this year. Hope and pray that gas prices will drop prior to the 2012 elections.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Obama said Friday he was looking into it and prices in FLA have started down already. $3.71 gas/$3.98 diesel.

Did you stop traveling when it went from $1 to $2 or $2 to $3, $3 to $4 ? ?
Fuel prices here in Northern California have gone up about 20 cents in the last few day. No sign of downward movement.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm leaving on a 5,000 round trip the middle of May. Who knows how many more years I'll be around to take advantage of being able to see the beauty that is offered by our country?
golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #10

At the current price I've not curtailed my RVing. At $6, I'd have to cross that bridge when I got there.

I guess you know that one day in the future we will be calling this the good old days.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #11

iRV2 No Limits Club
We sized our trailer to expected increases in fuel prices. The Teardrop can be pulled behind out Subaru and only costs us a couple of mpg.
We have met a number of other teardropers that have down sized to be able to do the traveling they wish on a budget.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I just dont want to wait in long lines.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:01 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
We had planned our fourth trip out west.
(we live in Georgia) We have cancelled the trip. I could come up with the money, but principal has to come in somewhere. I will not give every dime I have for overpriced gas. We will go local, but will not take any long trips. You can thank Obama for this. He has stopped all drilling in the U.S. However he did issue drilling rights to the Chinese
From what I know , politics are not allowed on this forum. So before your post is removed by the moderators, I thought I'd link you to a site that says we have issued more than 400 new leases since the gulf oil disaster.
400 Gulf Offshore Drilling Leases Approved By Government AFTER Oil Spill. Sometimes facts can't be denied.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah well I have land out on leases in WVA, been leased for several years and no drilling, so just have leases doesn't necessarily mean more oil in the pipeline today or tomorrow.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote