Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #141

Gulf Streamers Club
Originally Posted by Fl_Richard View Post
"... Belittling, questioning, or condemning has no place here."

Wow! Questioning is now not allowed??? And there was no belittling or condeming. He merely asked why some obsess on things that are irrelevant to professionals. Lets step down a couple of rungs....
Belittling : targaboat #20: “Simply amazing how some non technical people can chase their tail on issues they have no comprehension.” # 28: “Now, time for my nap, have fun.” #33: “If you are having to discuss the situation on the Forum, you need to take your unit to a service center for you really do not have the knowledge to do your own work.” #44:” Now there is a least two of us on the right track.” (The rest of us are off track?)

The questioning I suggested that was out of line included: DGShaffer # 23 “Was it YOUR truck?
We're you paying to replace tires that wore out faster than they should have?
Were the tires surrounded by very expensive fiberglass?
If you lost a tire was there a possibility it would cause harm to a member of your family?
If a tire blew, did it ruin your vacation?”
targaboat #131: “Do you have a RV?”

That kind of questioning is not to gain answers but to put people down. I stand by my comments.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #142
This thread has gone south and should be closed.

There are plenty of supporting data easily located to indicate proper process and the op indicated genersl understanding of this.

Now this thread has drifted into dirty water...

Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #143
I disagree. IRV2 has an annoying habit of just closing threads. There's not much learning from that. Someone before stated "I think the drama and attitude is part and parcel of any open forum. As far as irv2 goes I don't think you can do any better at gleaning valuable info."

The best site I've ever seen is APEXSPEED - the forum for open-wheel road racing in the US, CAN, plus some Europe and Australia. 17000+ of the most opinionated and competitive drivers, engineers, fabricators, and mechanics you can imagine, yet absolutely none of the general snakiness seen on this site (I'll agree - there are other vehicle forums that are much, much worse).

APEXSPEED stood up after an earlier site imploded because of clashes between the owner and several of the prominent participants. The owner was actually in the wrong, and he didn't know how to handle differences of opinion or conflict to boot, so he just plaid the "i'm taking my ball and going home" game - and a new site stood up in something like 48 hours and has endured for more than 12 years.

The reason for that is a difference in handling attitude. I can only think of perhaps 4 threads closed and locked since the site stood up in 2001. The owners realized that differences of opinion are important - but how you handle unpleasant behavior is paramount to success of a forum site - or els people will tire of the flaming and just stay away. Instead, violators are banned, either for a week or two, a month or two, and in the case of two repeat offenders, for life.

And the moderator always comes on and explains the specifics of the actions (public flogging if you will) even if he deletes posts (again, an extreme rarity).
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #144
Apologies gentlemen. I've allowed myself to engage with somebody that insists on running on a personal level. That's something I know better than doing, haven't done in years, and is stopped as of now.

Thanks Van
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #145
Fleetwood Owners Club
I also apologize. Let's move on and see how the OP come out on his project. That is all that is really relevant in a Forum.

targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote