Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
"DITTO"

divad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Our gasser is a couple of shades of green on white with silver accents (called Silver Sage color scheme). The the storage doors are dark green and get so hot in the FL sun that it hurts to touch them.
I can't imagine what a dark color on the upper surfaces would be like...ouch. While I'm at it, I wish the manufacturers would go more with coordinated solid colors on the interior instead of mixing several patterns. I hate those floral patterns on valances/furniture.

TinCanTee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomakat View Post
Thanks!

Anybody that does a custom order through Newmar can pick and choose their colors. Some of the more recent colors that they have used across their entire lineup are on sample metal plaques in the shape of an RV. I picked from those color selections since those were actual paint samples. That being said, they have a wide selection of colors that are available in addition to those. The only thing that you can't change is the pattern for that model year.
Am I safe in assuming that you would have to do this at the factory? I'd love to have something more custom than what's available on the lots. I can't imagine spending $300,000 to $400,000 for a house and having a choice of only three colors so I really like the idea of being able to be creative.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Am I safe in assuming that you would have to do this at the factory? I'd love to have something more custom than what's available on the lots. I can't imagine spending $300,000 to $400,000 for a house and having a choice of only three colors so I really like the idea of being able to be creative.
You don't necessarily have to go to the factory to pick your colors. Depending on the colors that you are interested in, you can pick from their standard chart (see below) or, if you want more choices, you can request them. Once you pick and choose your colors (typically up to 4 per paint scheme), then they will send you a sample rendering of your RV with your chosen colors that you'll have to sign off on for final approval. I've provided my paint scheme rendering as an example.

-Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Color Chart.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	253.5 KB
ID:	94375   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 - Dutch Star - TomKat Colors.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	94376  

Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
You haven't lived and experienced luxury and high class until you step inside a brand new $600,000+ DP with a shiny Black and Mocha full body paint job, at high noon in Southern California, sitting on a black asphalt pad on a day where it's 101F degrees.

And, of course, the new coach has the open-only-at-the-bottom 2" with a twist of the knob jalousie windows and there is NO breeze.
Yes Beachdude, that is exactly what I'm talking about with the dark color

Tomakat, that is a beautiful coach, you chose wisely with the light shade of paint, especially over the cockpit.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #20

Quote:
How come all coaches seem to come in either 50 shades of gray or 50 shades of brown. Doesn't anyone want to see their coach being a bit brighter than Desert Storm Tan or Black Forest Gray?
Your question is observant, timely, and spot on. The current scarcity of any kind of sensible color selections on the part of RV manufacturers is appalling. It's almost as if there's a concerted conspiracy going on, the intent of which is to discourage sales of new RVs.

Brown, tan and grey, indeed. Humbug. And all the paisley. Eewwwww.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
From where I am sitting I can see six coaches or trailers.. ALL WHITE some with graphics..I five ar trailers.. Opps make that 7 SIX are trailers one is a class C... IF I move slightly and look out a different window I will see a class A that is all white,, And I know that in front of it are two trailers, all white. THat is about half the inventory here at this time.

My wife choose the darker colors on this RV..But the roof is white..Very white..Freshly laundered white (As In I washed it this afternoon).
I'll bet almost all of those white RVs are over 6 years old. Seems like the trend away from white and toward dark shades started around 2009.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
mine s fifty shades of reds, maroons and dark cherry with a hint of tri color whites
its bright, really makes getting touch up paint a chore
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Taking Delivery1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	94415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Taking Delivery2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	94416  

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #23

American Coach Owners Club
You build what sales and it's as simple as that, so most sure their marketing people have this figured out by now.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
You build what sales and it's as simple as that, so most sure their marketing people have this figured out by now.
So true! it's all about what perspective buyers want and buy.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomakat View Post
You don't necessarily have to go to the factory to pick your colors. Depending on the colors that you are interested in, you can pick from their standard chart (see below) or, if you want more choices, you can request them. Once you pick and choose your colors (typically up to 4 per paint scheme), then they will send you a sample rendering of your RV with your chosen colors that you'll have to sign off on for final approval. I've provided my paint scheme rendering as an example.

-Tom
Tom, thanks for posting the color chart. That is very helpful for one who is considering a new Dutch Star.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:34 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Tom, thanks for posting the color chart. That is very helpful for one who is considering a new Dutch Star.
You're welcome!

The Dutch Star is a great choice (somewhat biased )!!! With Newmar, not only will you be able to customize your exterior paint scheme, but they will also allow you to be creative on the inside (with some restrictions). I picked different faucets, towel racks/toilet paper holder/robe hooks, backsplashes, countertops, added pullout shelves, added lights, changed window valance design, added solid paneled doors, etc. My Dutch Star is a custom Dutch Star and that's one of the reason that I went with a Newmar.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:27 PM   #27

I know a couple with an Alfa MH that is solid white, with all markings and ID removed, it's named "the nude Alfa".

Our MH paint scheme is called Silverfoil, it's white, with silver(actually- very light gray) and medium gray on the bottom half of sides and rear.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1431880045.450128.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	94501

This is something we love about our NRV Pacifica with its full wall slides, lots of windows and light color scheme

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1431880144.702495.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	94502

FMCA-GOOD SAM
jstdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote