Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
Since ASV bought Monaco, add to the fact they also own Fleetwood and American Coach. They are changing the Coburg over to a service facility for all ASV Brands of coaches. With talk of them expanding the current facility or relocating to a larger facility.

We are at the Coburg Facility right now, and have seen some Fleetwoods here to have work done.

As for the price on the oil change, I would definitely ask them again. Cause they may not be the cheapest place for labour around, but they are not that much higher than anywhere else
Traps I can tell you 600 bucks is
in no way comparable to anywhere I or anyone I do know pays for a oil change service.....Speedco
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Bruadair, Im sure since you are bringing your bounder to the newly acquired monaco factory, they are quoting the price for an oil change on a diesel. They are probably use to seeing many more do's and quoted accordingly. In any event call them back and confirm.
EVEN if a diesel 600 bucks NO way dude
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
I am also in favor of using the Speedco stops for my LOF plus fuel filter and coolant filter changes.

You can get everything done for just over $200.

If someone told me they wanted $600 for a LOF, once I retrieved myself from the floor they would only see the dust flying in the air from my quick departure as they are looking for an easy buck. I wouldn't even let them touch my coach to do anything.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #46

The V-10 is a gas engine and is 6-7 quarts of oil max. Not a diesel with 4-5 gallons of oil. I am sure the price is misquoted.

Since your V-10 is a Ford chassis, any Ford dealer or other regular oil change place can do the job. I do it myself, but if you pay, the cost should be more like $59.95
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:36 PM   #47

I own a shop about an hour south of Eugene. For that price i'll come to you and throw in an air freshener
89sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #48

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
http://www.speedcousa.com/62e993128f...eetJAn2014.pdf
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #49

Quoting $a high price usually is meant to say "we would rather not do that, but will if you want it bad enough".

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemert View Post
as a new DP owner this got my attention. What is the normal acceptable cost for an oil change? Thanks
Camping World charges $169 for an oil change-up to 20qts.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:16 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Someone must have thought you had a diesel and also wanted an
allison transmission service.
I had a Ford V10 and a complete LOF was $210.00 at a truck service
center. This included all filters, front wheel bearing check.......and
this was in Canada where prices tend to be higher.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Traps I can tell you 600 bucks is
in no way comparable to anywhere I or anyone I do know pays for a oil change service.....Speedco
May not have explained myself properly, but was trying to say that I didn't think they quoted him the right price for his unit. I find they will say no if they don't want to do it.

I still think that the OP was quoted that price incorrectly.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
look up speedco prolly 200 bucks I just changed mt 2014 450 hp cummins isl at a Spartan chasis dealer 329 that was lube and a major inspection and that was high, that 500 plus figure ITS A GAFFF runn
Could be wrong but I think Speedco only services diesels. I think the OP has a gasser. Anyway $600 is way out of line. Speedco will change a diesel that takes 7 gallons of oil for about $250.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #53

Do it yourself... when you do the first change, put in a Fumoto Valve with nipple in place of the plug. Then with future changes, you just attach a hose to the nipple and drain into a container. Otherwise, the oils tends to drip on the front axle, making a bit of a mess.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #54

I think I'd ask for an itemized list of services that would be performed for that much. I think you'll probably find that it includes more than oil changing. Otherwise, ruuuunnnnnn Forrest, run!
JACKAL0PE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #55

Since I started using SPEEDCO I could not be more pleased.I have a Dynasty DP with a Cummins engine. I would not even consider doing my self simply getting rid of the used oil would be Impossible.
As for Camping World I would NEVER use them. My first and only time they were to change the Engine oil,Filters and Generator oil and filter as well as Grease all fittings. They did not even change the oil in either engine, wiped the Engine Filter never even bothered with wiping Gen Filterwhich is under a slide door to give appearance of change. The "TECH" told me he is very careful not to pop the seals at the grease points, read that as " not doing". As a former Auto Shop owner and Mechanic I always check after work is done. When I confronted the Service Manager and brought him outside to look he told me Diesel Oil gets Black almost immediately (5minutes of running, 50 yards of movement) Tech replied that "he must have Forgotten". My money was refunded in full. Letter to Camping World pres went unanswered.This was at the Bowling Green facility of Camping World.
Be Vigilant!
Barrier2
Old 03-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #56

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE View Post
I think I'd ask for an itemized list of services that would be performed for that much. I think you'll probably find that it includes more than oil changing. Otherwise, ruuuunnnnnn Forrest, run!
Even so, who needs this inspect, inspect, inspect foolishness for an excuse to even charge you more?
About half the elderly that go in for an oil change on their car, require brakes or something other, whether they need them or not.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote