Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #15

I may order a new gasket just for having one in stock, or two. Our current allure has had a lift pump replacement but one never knows. I also want to do the fass pump conversion. I truly believe it will be good to take the stress off the mechanical fuel pump and allow full flow to the caps pump. I just have to say other than the caps being vulnerable to low fuel flow the ISC is extremely reliable. I have a friend who buys and re sells big generators. He seeks out all the ones that have the ISC as they are trouble free. These don't have the caps pumps but the engine is sound.

I was able to change our lift pump from the bed on down. Our bed is in the middle of rear and easy to get to. Just a little uncomfortable bending down over the wood side but plenty of room.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2018, 07:58 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I found replacement gaskets (remanufactured) at buntonauto.com in Texas. Part number Cummins part #4928511.
thebings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #17

Update

Update. I tightened my three bolts. They were very easily accessed from above. The third one needed the electric connection removed temporarily to access the bolt. I wasn’t very hopeful that this would be the cure as I was only able to get a half a turn or so out of each. So I would say they were already fairly tight. I spoke to Carl from Alabama and ordered two of the replacement rubber gaskets. Unfortunately it will take three days to arrive, so if I do any camping it will have to be in the driveway. If this doesn’t work I guess I will break down and buy a new pump.
By the way, Karl was very friendly and said that he hears from people all over the world wanting these gaskets.
Doug-Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
a half turn is quite a bit
Old 08-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #19

Update to my update.

An update to my update. My greatly anticipated rubber gaskets arrived. As you can see from the photo there is a slight difference. The replacement had instead of a circle, a “d” shape.

The old rubber gasket was clearly perished. I used an X-Acto knife to cut the circle all the way around to match the original.

The installation should have taken 10 minutes, but due to the difficult access, dirt, and other problems it took more like 40 minutes. Once it was positioned correctly it was a snap.

I turned my key and the pump was very very loud. This concerns me greatly. I turned it off and on to or three times to make sure that it was primed. Fortunately there were no drips or leaks. I started the engine and it started up fine and ran fine. I ran it for about five minutes and still no leaks. I contacted a diesel mechanic friend and explained the noise from the pump. he said it was fine and don’t worry about it.

I tend to worry. I worry the gasket was not seated, that I introduced dirt into the system, etc.

Anybody want to ease my mind?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FFA80ABE-BB0C-4563-9E0E-B1EF73A58757.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	215410   Click image for larger version

Name:	AB910F1A-1EED-4B08-BE34-563E927C1D16.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	215411  

Old 08-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug-Terrie View Post
I tend to worry. I worry the gasket was not seated, that I introduced dirt into the system, etc.

Anybody want to ease my mind?
An unseated gasket would leak fuel ; and cause starting issues overnight; just like the original.
Introducing , dirt into the fuel manifold , is possible ; but ; if the diagrams I have of the CAPS, fuel system match your engine the flow from the pump goes to the final filter before going to the CAPS injector pump. So you should be fine.

The duty cycle of the electric lift pump , in the CAPS system , is short ( 30 seconds after key on ; to the best of my knowledge ) then the mechanical portion of the CAPS injection pump takes over for fuel delivery to the high pressure side .
This duty cycle is different than that of the 5.9 Cummins 24 valve with VP-44 injection pump ,and the newer Cummins fuel systems , HPCR where the electric lift pump runs continually .
If you had a noisy electric lift pump on those systems , it's best to replace it.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #21

First check if it might just be banjo fittings on small lines . Tighten them first That was all that was wrong on ours.You get them from top . Also as earlier gentelman said 4 hands are better! Cause you will drop wrenches
retired long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pump is hard to get at so just replaced it.
$225 https://www.mddistributorsstore.com/...fp-4935005.htm
You may need extra plugs to plug unused ports.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:43 PM   #23

Update to the updated update.

Update to the update. I replaced the gasket in the pump in time for a little trip before I had to return to work. I believe I went about 350 miles, all was well, no drips no leaks. I guess I will call this a success.

Thank you all for the advice and guidance.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Lift Pump / Fuel Supply Line Help

Hello all -
First - thanks to everyone on multiple threads for posting about replacing the lift pump (aka fuel transfer pump) on a Cummins ISC.
I replaced the lift pump today on our 350 Cummins. I'm sore, but it's done :-)

After re-attaching fuel lines, I see a small leak now on what looks to me like some type of union? I'm attaching a photo with the location of the leak boxed in red.

There are no leaks anywhere that can be tightened, but there is a line in the fitting where there is (apparently) a sort of swivel built in. I'm guessing so that the line won't twist when tightening? Anyway - the leak is in the fitting swivel itself.

The fuel lines appear to be something like Pex, with a compression type fitting, then the swivel, then screw on fitting to the new pump.

I can't find part numbers in Cummins QuickServe (fuel lines from Winnebago I guess?) - and Winnebago parts list doesn't specify.

So my question is - what to do? Can you just pull off the old swivel fitting and replace? Any ideas where I'd find a part ##? Or - alternately - I could patch in a short extension of fuel line and cut in to the Pex?

Any insight would be appreciated :-)

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel_supply.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	229130  
Towing 2015 Ford CMax Energi
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement