Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
We put a sticky beside the slide switches with a note saying check before moving. Then Janet runs the slide while I go out to observe what is happening.

We have the same system. I'm outside watching the slide while DW is operating the slide. It works real good until a CG neighbor comes up and starts talking. DW can catch this diversion and act accordingly on all but the bedroom slide. For that slide, she operates in the blind. This is the first slide to go in...so after I say "okay" she goes to the back inside the coach, and I go to the back outside of the coach. So far, this has worked for us.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Slide/Bay Door Issues

First time out with the coach I decided I needed to hook up the water and sewer first. After doing that I went inside and decided I would open the slide. Made some noise and then stopped. Figured I had done something wrong but couldn’t figure out what so I pulled the slide back in. Decided to make another run at it, still wouldn’t go out. Thought maybe I was hitting a tree or something although I didn’t see a tree when I backed in but trees do pop up out of nowhere. Went out and checked and it became obvious. Now we use the latch handle and a long screwdriver to open the door.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:56 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Been there done that. I was lucky and all it did was break off the t handle latches off the bay door.
jimnkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
We (me included) all say that we will take care. Unfortunately for me in my old age I can become quickly/easily distracted. Unfortunate the momentary distraction can/will cause disruption for considerable time.