Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to AlsSouthWind Send a message via Yahoo to AlsSouthWind Send a message via Skype™ to AlsSouthWind
97 Fleetwood SouthWind Storage compartment lights

All my outside storage compartment lights are not working there is no power going through the wires, all my fuses are good . where should the power come from. The RV place told me that the power should come from the panel under the fridge, I have pulled the fuses and replaced them and still not working my coach has 3 panals , under the fridge, in the engine compartment , under the dash . I couldn't find it in the diagrams. Maybe the RV place don't know

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2015, 08:35 PM   #2

Try your luggage switch by your door.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to AlsSouthWind Send a message via Yahoo to AlsSouthWind Send a message via Skype™ to AlsSouthWind
My coach has the switch on each light
Old 09-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsSouthWind View Post
My coach has the switch on each light
So does mine but there is a master switch just inside the walk in door which controls the power to the compartment lights.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
what letemgrow said
Old 09-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
My 98 Pace Arrow has a master switch by the door like LETMGROW and mojoracing said. Each of my cargo storage lights also have their own respective switch that then can be used to turn that particular light on/off.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #7

OK this is what is going on, Called Fleetwood in Indiana gave them the vin# and they emailed me the wiring diagram which didn't help. After replacing all the 12volt fuses on the motorhome still the same. While checking the Dash for a hidden switch I happen to to turn on (I call it my back porch light) on the driver's side of the coach my wife was sitting under the awning when she told me the storage light was on. So the switch is on the Dash . I am keeping the old fuses as a back up and a reminder.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsSouthWind View Post
OK this is what is going on, Called Fleetwood in Indiana gave them the vin# and they emailed me the wiring diagram which didn't help. After replacing all the 12volt fuses on the motorhome still the same. While checking the Dash for a hidden switch I happen to to turn on (I call it my back porch light) on the driver's side of the coach my wife was sitting under the awning when she told me the storage light was on. So the switch is on the Dash . I am keeping the old fuses as a back up and a reminder.
I'm glad you figured this out but there is a good reason there is a master switch. This switch should be in the off position unless you want the lights to work. Forget to shut a compartment with the light on and you will have a dead battery in a few hours.
Year to year and model to model there is no standard for anything in any motorhome or any camper. I have played with every switch in mine just to see what function is does. Amazing what some manufacturers can come up with!
Lynn
Old 09-11-2015, 09:24 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
on later fleetwood models, the dash switch controls the scare light on the drivers side and the compartment light master switch is next to the door should others with later models read this post.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #10

...and on later models the utility light for the driver side controls the sanitation bay with it. The luggage does all bays but sanitation. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Tags
fleetwood, light, lights, southwind, storage