Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #1

97 holiday rambler....help!!!

Hi all....need some help, this will be long. Im new here please help
I got my fathers MH 38ft diesel pusher ...
there are many issues I need to fix so I'm asking for some help in possible fixes. First, the inverters not working, but everything works with generator on, tested batteries (it has 4) two show low gonna replace those, checked switch panel all are good, is there a specific fuse for inverter didn't see one in fuse panel.
Second pocket door wont open and close correctly is there an access panel so I can get to the door and guide rail?
Third entry door is hard to open and close is there a replacement hinge or do I have to repair myself?
Forth the wood floor in front of the fridge is buckled up but I don't see a leak anywhere any ideas where it could leak water to buckle floor.
Fifth, there is a strong sewer smell inside coach when driving I don't see leaks could toilet seal be broken or vent plugged?
sixth what do I use to seal roof... silicone? henrys?
seventh air system when parked airs down in rear only is there a specific thing I should look for?? I do have some mechanical skills to repair things myself within reason.
can anyone help with suggestions or repair guides. thanks in advance a new holiday rambler owner.
Mike
drive805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive805 View Post
Hi all....need some help, this will be long. Im new here please help I got my fathers MH 38ft diesel pusher ... there are many issues I need to fix so I'm asking for some help in possible fixes. First, the inverters not working, but everything works with generator on, tested batteries (it has 4) two show low gonna replace those, checked switch panel all are good, is there a specific fuse for inverter didn't see one in fuse panel. Second pocket door wont open and close correctly is there an access panel so I can get to the door and guide rail? Third entry door is hard to open and close is there a replacement hinge or do I have to repair myself? Forth the wood floor in front of the fridge is buckled up but I don't see a leak anywhere any ideas where it could leak water to buckle floor. Fifth, there is a strong sewer smell inside coach when driving I don't see leaks could toilet seal be broken or vent plugged? sixth what do I use to seal roof... silicone? henrys? seventh air system when parked airs down in rear only is there a specific thing I should look for?? I do have some mechanical skills to repair things myself within reason. can anyone help with suggestions or repair guides. thanks in advance a new holiday rambler owner. Mike
1. Inverter. Check on the unit itself for a switch or a circuit breaker of some type.
2. Most pocket doors have adjusters on top where the roller mechanism attaches to the door. It should be accessible when the door is closed. You may have to remove a piece of trim.
3. Entry doors are very specific.
4. Is there as ice maker in the frig? Could be a source of leak.
5. Make sure there is water in all P traps. The gray tank can smell as bad as the black. If the toilet is holding water in the bowl then it's probably ok. The air admittance valves may have failed. There should be one close to all sinks and any washer/dryer plumbing.
6. Don't use silicone on the roof. Use a Dicor product or something similar. Eternabond tape is also great for joints.
7. You must have a slow air leak in the air bag supply in the rear.

To get more specific answers you should post on the Monaco forum. Also consider joining the Monacoers Yahoo group. The Holiday Ramblers owners club, Ramblin Pushers also known as the 419 Club, is one of the most active in the nation. They have an annual rally in Goshen, IN that is primarily for owner education.

Good luck and safe travels.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You may have a remote inverter switch as well. Our 2000 HR has a remote switch for the inverter behind the cabnet above the passenger seat.
If you have a couple bad battery's I would t expect much from the inverter without the generator runing.

You may know this but it's worth mentioning.
You can't really run anything with a high current draw off the inverter and battery's
Clock, maybe a laptop charger sure, coffee pot. Microwave... Will drain good batteries real fast.

Mike
MJD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
4th make sure drain tube from under cooling fins comes all the way out the back and is not plugged or kinked.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #5

if you will look behind the battery's you will see a clear plastic fuse holder and it will have a long barrel type fuse in it . I would bet it has blown due to a power surge .
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 AM   #6

thanks

thank you for all the info .... I will be working on the coach this weekend, and in doing so hope to find, fix issues, with your help ..I will post what I find and what I can fix!!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #7

I had a 97 Imperial and had the sewer smell also. My MH was plumbed for a washer dryer but it had been removed by the previous owner. The smell was coming from the open sewer drain line in the closet. I went to the auto parts store and purchased an expanding freeze plug that fit the pipe. Solved that problem. I also had to remove the upper trim on one of the pocket doors to reinstall the track screws. It was a pain to do. Once you get all the little problems enjoy your new motorhome!
Steve 05 Panther
slemnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #8

repairs done so far....

well I did a lot of repairing this weekend.... first, inverter problem was a battery cable that wasn't installed after some repair work was done. Found it installed it inverter working.
two. pocket door ... it was a huge pain, removed the trim closed door completely on top at rollers is a plastic piece that opens up to remove slider lifted door pushed slider off pulled door into bathroom ... there were no screws in rail at all replaced every other screw . tightened up rail nice a door now slides with little effort.
three. I got some #8 washers took screws out of door, loosened up bottom and middle hinge removed pin on bottom installed new washers reinstalled screws loosened upper hinge removed pin from middle replaced washers, removed upper hinge replaced washers reinstalled pins and screws adjusted door striker door closes nice and easy now whew took about hour and half.
four. checked for fridge leak found nothing... nervous because floor around fridge and into bath flexes when you step there looks like floor is rotting.
that is what I have done so far... more to come
Old 11-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
post a photo of the floor problem you have. I probably can be of assistance in that area
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #10

floor picture

Here are a few pictures
Old 11-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
4. On my coach the previous owner must have had fridge out.
Because under the cooling fins inside the coach is a drip pan coming off the drip pan is a rubber tube which goes though the fridge wall and drains into a reservoir behind the fridge.
I couldn't figure out why the floor in front of the fridge was getting wet. One day I was cleaning out the fridge and noticed the drip pan was full. I went outside and I had always noticed the hose coming to the reservoir was short and just thought someone had cut it off. After careful inspection I found the hose kinked in two places after removing the kinks water poured out. Of course all over me!
But no more wet floor!
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
I don't see any images
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #13

Sorry they didn't load let me try again!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #14

Saying exceeds file size limit I need to figure another way to load pictures

Tags
holiday rambler