Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
'98 Bounder 34j rv cover

I'm looking at an adco rv cover from camping world for my rig. It's the sfs aqua series. Question, should I get the up to 34' or the 34'1" and up one ?

Squirtacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
I'm guessing you'd want the one from 34' 1" - 37'.

To make sure, physically measure your rig from front bumper (or whatever sticks out the furthest) to the object that sticks out the furthest from the rear of the coach ...usually the ladder but anything else on the rear that protrudes further than the ladder that you want the cover to cover ...but to not include the hitch if you have one.

Click here for the ADCO webpage for their Designer Series Windcovers --scroll down to about the middle of the page for the SFS-- as it will give you a lot of information as well as a sizing chart for the exact dimensions of the covers and videos for measuring instructions, installation instructions, and features.

theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Squirtacious View Post
I'm looking at an adco rv cover from camping world for my rig. It's the sfs aqua series. Question, should I get the up to 34' or the 34'1" and up one ?
I'm not sure where you live, or why you think you need a motorhome cover, but my initial take on covers is that they are a total waste of money.

I would question if any '98 motorhome would be in a pristine condition warranting a cover.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've heard owners say that their cover trapped moisture and caused mold that did much more damage than anything they tried to protect from. The wind blows and causes the cover to rub off paint, decals and any other surface it can abrade.

Covers, themselves, can pose a storage problem when not in use, and can be extremely difficult to install and remove. You are not talking covering a 16' bass boat here.

Proceed with caution.....
'97 Bounder 34V, F53 7.5L-460
Old Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
I'm sure you are right but it just seems like it would like it. I sure don't need more mold though ! Still gonna mull it over. Thanks for the advise.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Although I use an avatar that shows one as kind of a joke, I've never used one myself. I have heard the cons before but I've also had friends that have used them for short periods of time without any adverse effects. I think the key is "short periods" and not to leave the cover on for an entire season. Although, I did know a couple that covered their trailer in the winter months in the northwest under a heavily forested setting from November through March and were very happy with the results when they uncovered it. Who knows. There's pros and cons to everything it seems.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #6
Tiffin Owners Club
We had an Account cover for our first trailer. Here is what our experience was, we are in the middle of Alabama. First, you have to have good balance up on the roof. Next you have to have at least one helper. Both must be very strong. You have to move the cover weight a lot as you work from front to rear rolling,lifting over every protrusion like air conditioners. Finally you get it all down over the roof then have to drop the sides carefully where they wadded up. Next you have to exit the roof very carefully on the ladder. Tying down the sides correctly so that it is tight but not too tight is an art. Ours had straps that pulled to tighten. It takes a lot of work!

We only used it once. The effort to remove it and fold to store was a real pain. It whipped against the sides and front in any wind and we could never figure out how to stop it from flapping. It rubbed places on the front and corners that we had to fix. It tore on two corners so duct tape was applied, looked good...

Our conclusion was that we would never put it on again because it was too hard to do so chalked it up to an expensive lesson learned. Besides that it caused damage instead of protecting it. Much simpler to just wash the rv!
Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
Thanks guys you have talked me down.

Looks like I need to build a carport.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #8
I had a Sunbrella cover for my last coach, lasted 8 years. It was a true pain to put on and take off, my wife hated it every time we wanted to go somewhere and then come home. I will not bother covering my new coach anymore, I use washwax and sometimes give it a good washing and it is so much easier this way. A carport would be nice but the sides will still be in the sun at times. I waxed my roof and keep it in good condition and this is the way I will continue.

2014 Itasca Sunova 33C towing a Jeep TJ Wrangler
530ktm is offline   Reply With Quote