Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

A/C Maintenance Service

Need to have both of my Coleman A/C units serviced here in Houston, TX. They run fine but we just purchased this MH and would like to have them looked serviced to make sure they're up to snuff. Would prefer a mobile person to come out to my place but if necessary I will go their's.

Can anyone recommend a good reputable business here in Houston, TX?

marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2016, 09:15 PM   #2

Short of cleaning the return filter and exterior condenser and seeing if they cool, there isn't much you can do to service them.

They either perform or not. There are diagnostic test you can do but really if they are putting air out the discharge vents at about 20 or greater below return air, they are performing.

If they are not cooling, that is another matter.

If they cool satisfactorily , go enjoy your new coach.

Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:16 PM   #3
BnB

I can give you 2 dealerships not to use - DeMontrond and Holiday World. (Camping World goes w/o saying). After using both of these I just licked my wounds and went back to the factory. Sorry but I never found one I could recommend in the Houston area - sad huh!
BnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've had my two Air Conditioners for 12 years and all I ever do is clean the foam filter in the return air section.

There is nothing to do to them that I'm aware of.

Be careful as some places will do anything to take your money.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:59 AM   #5
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnB View Post
I can give you 2 dealerships not to use - DeMontrond and Holiday World. (Camping World goes w/o saying). After using both of these I just licked my wounds and went back to the factory. Sorry but I never found one I could recommend in the Houston area - sad huh!
Yeah it's amazing how difficult it is in a city this size to find someone that has good ol company service that you can trust and stands behind their work. That's why I asked for referral. So yeah...sad! Thank you.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:01 AM   #6
Ex Millwright / Army Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
I've had my two Air Conditioners for 12 years and all I ever do is clean the foam filter in the return air section.

There is nothing to do to them that I'm aware of.

Be careful as some places will do anything to take your money.
Yeah i know. Thank you.

Tags
maintenance, service