Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fottip View Post
Sorry, you lost me there. WHAT are "account units"?
AC units. Damn spell checker changes words and sometimes I don't proofread before posting.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2018, 04:53 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby49 View Post
Just a thought, since I haven't been able to find any other prfoblems with the a/c, how can I test the temp sensor?Attachment 199752
Slowly move the thermostat down until the AC goes on then up until it goes off and see how close to the actual temp. It probably wont be exact so dont think it is defective if it is even a few degrees off.

Let us know how it worked out. Good Luck
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #31

Thanks to everyone trying to help with this problem. Here is the situation as it currently stands. We are currently stationary at our "permanent" location in Texas. I am the only thing hooked into the 50amp circuit and it is checking out good. Had an electrician who understands how motorhomes work install it and check it out for me. All the breakers in the coach check okay. I have not personally been on the roof to check the A/C, but had the guy who installed it come check, and everything checks fine there. My coach does not have an Automatic Energy Select Switch per the guys at Intellitec. I am strongly inclined to agree with them based on two things. 1. The owners manual instructs to turn off the A/C when doing laundry (which we do), and 2. I have been all over the coach looking, and if it is there, they hid it well, with no intention of anyone ever getting to it.
Since this happened, I have been trying to chase another problem with my inverter (another post), so haven't spent a lot of time with it since. In searching for the problem (mostly at night) I have tried the thermostat, the temperature sensor. resetting breakers, and any thing else that comes to mind. For the A/C to cut off the way it did (after running about 4 - 5 seconds), makes me think it lost power somewhere. Just haven't found it.
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:53 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby49 View Post
Thanks to everyone trying to help with this problem. Here is the situation as it currently stands. We are currently stationary at our "permanent" location in Texas. I am the only thing hooked into the 50amp circuit and it is checking out good. Had an electrician who understands how motorhomes work install it and check it out for me. All the breakers in the coach check okay. I have not personally been on the roof to check the A/C, but had the guy who installed it come check, and everything checks fine there. My coach does not have an Automatic Energy Select Switch per the guys at Intellitec. I am strongly inclined to agree with them based on two things. 1. The owners manual instructs to turn off the A/C when doing laundry (which we do), and 2. I have been all over the coach looking, and if it is there, they hid it well, with no intention of anyone ever getting to it.
Since this happened, I have been trying to chase another problem with my inverter (another post), so haven't spent a lot of time with it since. In searching for the problem (mostly at night) I have tried the thermostat, the temperature sensor. resetting breakers, and any thing else that comes to mind. For the A/C to cut off the way it did (after running about 4 - 5 seconds), makes me think it lost power somewhere. Just haven't found it.
4 or 5 seconds after initial start up sounds like an electronic part failure. Initial start up can create a small power surge and cause an electronic part to fail.

I dont remember and am too lazy to re read all the posts but is the unit unable to start at all, or does it do this every time it tries to run?
Old 04-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #33

Quincy,

The unit does not come on at all, so no a/c nor heatpump.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
I'm curious about your owners manual since the 2008 Dynasty manual I have discusses the subject on page 104, 106 and 116.

The 2008 Monaco Yorkshire IV wiring print 38031173 also shows the switch.

"My coach does not have an Automatic Energy Select Switch per the guys at Intellitec" That's M&M isn't it? I've been there, good to work with and very busy on the tech service line. What was their opinion based on other than your input?

A signal tracer may be a good investment to follow wiring.

I know Monaco did some strange things but........
Old 04-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Since you said, your A/C guy checked the roof top unit, how did he check it if will not turn on.

You need a meter and do some basic 120vac power checking. Check for power at the rooftop and work backwards.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #36

hyypoxia,

You are so right! I have been so wrapped up in the problem. tghat I took other people's word for something I could have checked. Now. back to the problem:
Where is that little bugger! "Typically located curbside at the rear of the Motorhome." means what?
Old 04-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
I didn't see that. I saw Next to washer dryer recepticle, next to main breaker box, behind TV or under bedroom wardrobe.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #38

I do not have a wiring diagram other thaan that in the owners manual. I have requested it from Monaco, so will see what develops.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Join the Monacoers Yahoo group. They have the wiring diagram in the files section.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Monacoers/info
Old 04-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #40

The roof top unit has a control board at the a.c. unit some of them have a fuse on the board
nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:48 AM   #41

Can you get any response from the Tstat at all? IE; does the fan come on if you use the "Fan" switch? If there is no life at all you can suspect the low voltage transformer, which might be a good place to start. If there is power to the transformer then take a small screwdriver and short the low voltage terminals together quickly and watch for spark. No spark, replace.

Please keep us posted.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:05 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
You have a 2008 Monaco Dynasty? Your multiplex electrical is completely different than every other manufacturer.

I don't know the 2008 electrical but the 2007 Dynasty has a Intellitec Automatic Energy Select Switch which controls the aft A/C unit. The washing machine (Washer/Dryer with a Combo Unit) has priority over the aft A/C and the A.E switch commonly goes bad. The washer will work but the A/C will not.

https://www.intellitec.com/assets/pd...-00714-000.pdf

Mine is in the rear closet under the floor panel. The 2007 wiring diagram page "Schematic, Power Management, A.E" says it may be "next to the washer/dryer recept, next to main breaker box, behind TV or under bedroom wardrobe"

If you have an electric stove you probably have two A.E. units.
... don't short anything !!