Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2015, 07:35 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
A few Questions if I may

We recently purchased a 2002/2003 Rex Air 3650 RB on a workhorse chassis. It is in good shape with only 30,000 miles on it. We are in the process of getting it ready / stocking to our tastes. I am hoping to retire within the next year, and my retirement present to myself is a 3 to 4 month RV trip to Alaska with our jeep, and Harley in tow!!
A few questions.....
1) the auxiliary rear air bags do not show a min/max psi, does anyone know this as well as a normal psi to be used?
2) Is the mattress a full queen or short queen?
3) Has anyone had problems with the engine/chassis a/c? I have the paperwork that shows the previous owner had to replace the a/c compressor 3 times, and we just replaced it
4) any one have problems with a leaking slide ? we have some water damage on the wall between the slide and front left drivers door, and a soft spot in the floor.
5) recommended roadside assistance plan. We are looking at AAA, AARP, or Good Sam

I know this alot but I hope someone can help
Thank You and Please be Safe
John
DJ JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #2

I can only help you with the bed size. If the bed is 80 inches long, it is a residential queen. Short queens are normally 75 inches long.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ JohnnyB View Post
We recently purchased a 2002/2003 Rex Air 3650 RB on a workhorse chassis. It is in good shape with only 30,000 miles on it. We are in the process of getting it ready / stocking to our tastes. I am hoping to retire within the next year, and my retirement present to myself is a 3 to 4 month RV trip to Alaska with our jeep, and Harley in tow!!
A few questions.....
1) the auxiliary rear air bags do not show a min/max psi, does anyone know this as well as a normal psi to be used?
2) Is the mattress a full queen or short queen?
3) Has anyone had problems with the engine/chassis a/c? I have the paperwork that shows the previous owner had to replace the a/c compressor 3 times, and we just replaced it
4) any one have problems with a leaking slide ? we have some water damage on the wall between the slide and front left drivers door, and a soft spot in the floor.
5) recommended roadside assistance plan. We are looking at AAA, AARP, or Good Sam

I know this alot but I hope someone can help
Thank You and Please be Safe
John
Please tell us WHICH model Workhorse chassis you bought. If it is a front gasser from that era, you are talking about towing too much weight. If Rex used the RDP chassis, towing isn't an issue. IMO, replacing that many AC compressors isn't normal because I've only needed one replacement compressor in 140,000 miles (2 chassis)
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #4

Get your water leak under control. (Roof, slide, ?) If your handy, DIY, if not find someone that is (reputable), the leak might only be a new slide gasket needed, finger crossed. I'm with edgray on that compressor. Good Luck ...............
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow 4 compressors in 30,000 miles or every 7,500 miles. What was wrong with the compressor you replaced, compressor lockup, magnetic clutch bad, pulley bearing bad, shafts seal leaking? All could be caused by belt miss alignment and/or to much belts tension. If you can ask the previous owner if he knows what was wrong 3 he replaced.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:40 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

How do you plan to tow the Jeep and haul the Harley? Most Western states don't allow towing anything behind your towed unless you have a special hitch and trailer.

The consensus is CoachNet is the best roadside assistance plan.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:44 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I thank you for all the responses !! Please keep them coming !
We have been working our tails off hoping to get her ready for a maiden voyage to Va. Beach in November 15. So far everything works, the slide toppers must be replaced, but the main awning, and window awnings(4) are canvas/cloth, and look like they were never opened
It is a workhorse W22 with the 8.4 gasser.
On the latest compressor, the clutch was siezed.
The coach has an Overbuilt Motorcycle carrier on it
DJ JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
I thank you for all the responses !! Please keep them coming !
We have been working our tails off hoping to get her ready for a maiden voyage to Va. Beach in November 15. So far everything works, the slide toppers must be replaced, but the main awning, and window awnings(4) are canvas/cloth, and look like they were never opened
It is a workhorse W22 with the 8.4 gasser.
On the latest compressor, the clutch was siezed.
The coach has an Overbuilt Motorcycle carrier on it
The Chevy motor is a 8.1 not a 8.4

As for the clutch seized, was it the clutch or the compressor, if it was the clutch, the clutch can be replaced without changing the compressor, a lot cheaper that way.