Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
A few simple upgrades

Getting the coach ready for another season and we were talking about a few things that would be nice to have.

1. New kitchen faucet with a built in sprayer, I would think I could pick something up a Lowes and install this myself.
2. The shower valve is just cheap plastic and I would like to put something in that is better quality. Do I need an RV specific valve. Our current valve has an outlet that goes to the shower head.
3. Our sink does not have the covers and it would be great to have the additional counter space. I would like to have something that is fitted to the sink.

Thanks for all the help!

Troy
troyrice76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi troyrice76,
Your signature mentions a 2012 coach. If this is true, all plumbing fixtures and connections should be industry standard. It will be industry standard for either a stick house or a mobile home. Not ever owning a Fleetwood product, I do not know which standard they build to.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you could get everything at Lowes or Home Depot. Should fit fine and I think they have sink covers as well;cutting board type.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
The faucets in our rig are all house upscale quality. Only difficulty is getting to the plumbing connections in our rig.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi troyrice76,
Your signature mentions a 2012 coach. If this is true, all plumbing fixtures and connections should be industry standard. It will be industry standard for either a stick house or a mobile home. Not ever owning a Fleetwood product, I do not know which standard they build to.
As we used to say when I was in Engineering "One of the problems with "standards" is that there are so many of them!!"

Probably RVIA since they set the industry standards but some companies don't belong so there are exceptions.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Our Bounder came with Corian sink covers to match the countertops, and brushed stainless sprayer-type kitchen faucet.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Kitchen and lavatory sink faucets and shower valves are all home type fixtures. I have replaced them in my coach. There should be no problem going to Lowe's/Home Depot to get what you want and have them fit.
wizzo442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:14 PM   #8

My personal experience with plumbing fixtures while buildimg my home was the quality at the blue box was better than the orange one.My opinion so check for yourself.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
In changing out by bathroom and kitchen fawcets (std size from Lowes) the hardest part was getting the old ones disconnected. Wasn't a lot of space to work with. I even made my own tool out of pvc tubing with notches to fit the locking nuts holding the fawcets in place. We love our sprayer in the kitchen. Don't worry about plumbing tubing they use in RV's, it's easy to cut if need be and use shark or gator connectors.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #10

New Horizons Owners Club
For the sink measure it and go to Walmart and find a cutting board that will fit. We have one that covers the whole sink and one that covers half of the it.
chaunclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Our Bounder came with Corian sink covers to match the countertops, and brushed stainless sprayer-type kitchen faucet.
Looks like I forgot the rest of my post. I was going to ask whether you checked with the dealer to see if you are supposed to have those sink covers since your moho is new.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
i made sink covers from an old maple bench top:

one side is un-finished, for cutting. the other side still has the old clear finish on it for looks and water proofness. (new word, i think)