Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #15

We live in Helotes Texas and we suffered through the hail storm. We have our Airstream motor home oparked at our residence, once the hail stopped we went to the motor home and discovered baseball size hail stones inside the motor home. Obviously everything on the roof was toast, all vents skylights and a/c units as well as inside floor and damage to the roof. It's at Texas Custom Coaches being repaired after 3 weeks of a hassle with Nationwide

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:43 AM   #16

Understand that you guys are still being hammered by storms. Good luck on the repairs.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:30 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
As we drove through Del Rio Texas we remarked on the number of auto body repair shops advertising hail repair and these were permanent signs. Makes you want to live anywhere near that part of the world.

LEN
Old 05-31-2016, 08:50 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
When I was a kid we use to get these in Wyoming from time to time. My dad would run out with a sleeping bag and throw it over the top of the car to prevent the dents and broken windows. Seem to work, trick was to get to it right way. I have a fiber glass roof, I coated it with white roof coating when it was new, never had a leak.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:10 AM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream37 View Post
I don't know what it requires yet. I know it is a fiberglass roof and on initial inspection it didn't look all that bad. (I am in my mid-seventies and didn't stay up there for a long time lest I wanted to go "roof diving".)

My local shop, who installed the new vents and covers, said they saw numerous spider web cracks and the awnings were dented and torn. They didn't think a "new roof" was in order, but, a roof repair was required. The motorhome is and older unit and I believe that a requirement for a total roof replacement would "total" the motorhome. I really don't want that.
We were in the great 5/17/2016 Kerrville hailstorm with you. Busted windshield on our Class A motor home and supposed roof damage. Insurance company has "totaled" our motor home. We are trying to do a buy back. Since we a real fulltimers, we're stuck here until it all gets resolved. Another storm 2 days later wiped out all the rental cars on a national companies lot.

As bad as it has been for us many have it far worse. We're in a not so first class park with many long termers. Many with no insurance. Sad.

"There But For The Grace of God Go I".
Old 05-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #20

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms1943 View Post
We live in Helotes Texas and we suffered through the hail storm. We have our Airstream motor home oparked at our residence, once the hail stopped we went to the motor home and discovered baseball size hail stones inside the motor home. Obviously everything on the roof was toast, all vents skylights and a/c units as well as inside floor and damage to the roof. It's at Texas Custom Coaches being repaired after 3 weeks of a hassle with Nationwide
Did Nationwide declare your Airstream a total loss?

Tags
texas