Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #85

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman1953 View Post
You can buy a brand new Winnebago Adventurer 37F which is a bath and a half for $129,000.....
Since the "base" price of the 2014 37F is $176,757.00, your price of 129K represents 27% off MSRP. Please tell us which dealer is offering such great deals on "new" WBGO coaches. THANKS!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #86

A High End Gas Class A or A Low End Diesel Pusher

Hello and Thanks for all of the information! I did look at the Forza if I remember correctly it was not available with a king bed like the Adventurer this is the reason that is taking me so long to find the correct coach for my family. I went to a local RV show this weekend and I saw the Adventurer again but could not confirm with the sales person there if this coach was available with the booth dinette that I need for that extra bed on the Forza the drop down bed was not big enough for our son he is 6'3" so he would need to use the sofa. I really like the Winnebago but if they cannot make the changes that I need I will probably buy the Newmar Canyon Star as Newmar has the booth dinette and they will make any other changes that I may need, I actually spoke with their VP a couple of weeks ago at a show in Tucson and he was actually pretty helpful with all of the questions asked a big difference then speaking to the sales people I found.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:18 AM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to phredsee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post
Well hello again! I guess there are infinite answers on this one, to the thread that stated to fly and stay in hotels, guess what! That is what I do on a weekly basis I have over two million actual flown miles so as you can see I'm sort of sick of flying driving to my destination instead of going to the airport is going to be a relaxing change no more flight delays and or over charging ticket prices!! One question, reading all of this if I do get a gas class A will I need to add stabilisers so that MH handles better in the open highway? If I do buy a DP I do not have to invest on any type of stabilisers??? Is this correct?? Also is their one brand that handles better then the other on a gasser??? I have looked like I mentioned at the Newmar Canyon Star but I have also looked at the Winnebago Adventurer 37F I need a bath and half model would these two MH drive the same?? Maybe someone that has one out there can share their experience. Thanks again!!!!!
Since you asked for another 1-1/2 bath gas coach,Grand Canyon, I'll briefly tell you about ours. Check into the Tiffin Allegro 36LA, 37' gas coach, 252" wheelbase for a great ride, 203 CuFt of basement storage, 24,000 lb chassis with a great floorplan. Visit Tiffin RV Network for all kinds of information. Not all gas coaches are equal but this model steps up to the plate. The Tiffin RED series diesels are the same coach with different power plants and chassis, both are very good.

I did add Koni shocks and other suspension upgrades for a great ride and handling package. Nothing to the V10 as they're about as best it gets with Ford these days.

Lastly, I listened to the folks about buying a "gently used, higher end DP" a few years ago. 2004 Winnebago Vectra, 40AD, Winnies top of the line, 10K miles, looked like a million bucks. We nicknamed it "the money pit". First, Winnebago makes a great motorhome but be very careful what you buy used. There's not enough space here to write about our exploits with this one but decided to buy new, full warranty, higher end gas coach with Bob Tiffin having your back, if needed. We already tested that one out. Take it for a ride, it's a different animal. If we had several million dollars in excess cash, yes a new DP would be my choice.

Enjoy your upcoming retirement as we are about the same time in getting there. Good luck with your choice and let us know what you buy!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #88

I am looking at a cc allure with a 400 cat eng- is a cummins better !! I am in need of help
Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #89

all you need to do is ad a Banks Water/Methanol injection system adds 170 HP and 270 Lbs. of Tork it hauls butt up any grade cost is $1300 for the parts and $1500 for labor .
Old 02-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
I wouldn't recommend or buy a low end or entry level DP. I keep reading that a lot of people are having issues with them.

But for less money, you can get a top of the line DP from 5 to 8 years ago...
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #91

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by go49ers View Post
I am looking at a cc allure with a 400 cat eng- is a cummins better !! I am in need of help
my 400 cat-9 has been great!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #92

Used DP vs new Gas

Don't know why anyone would buy a 5 plus year old DP over a brand new Gas coach.
We almost did and glad we did not. I prefer new electronics over the dated crt tv's, the updated shades, colours, decors over dated used stuff out there. Can't believe what we were thinking back in 2000 when you see colours and decors of yesterday. Perhaps we will think the same of what is nice now in 10 years.
Sure if the bank account was overflowing I'd go for latest DP but for my money a new gas coach such as our Tiffin 36LA is our choice.
Ps don't need anything more than G license to operate
Old 02-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
Don't know why anyone would buy a 5 plus year old DP over a brand new Gas coach. We almost did and glad we did not. I prefer new electronics over the dated crt tv's, the updated shades, colours, decors over dated used stuff out there. Can't believe what we were thinking back in 2000 when you see colours and decors of yesterday. Perhaps we will think the same of what is nice now in 10 years. Sure if the bank account was overflowing I'd go for latest DP but for my money a new gas coach such as our Tiffin 36LA is our choice. Ps don't need anything more than G license to operate
TV's and some furniture changes are not that costly in the scheme of things. You WILL NOT be able to add air ride suspension, air brakes, engine break, etc to your gas unit...... Just sayin :-)
Old 02-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
TV's and some furniture changes are not that costly in the scheme of things. You WILL NOT be able to add air ride suspension, air brakes, engine break, etc to your gas unit...... Just sayin :-)

I agree, and that "Etc." list goes on and on the higher up the food chain the DP is....!

However, I again see this not a 'Wrong vs Right'. People who want new, and to do so with a gas coach - GREAT, go do so (As obviously many of you have!).

What I don't understand, is why those that feel a few years gently used higher end DP are semi 'slammed' by those that went the new gas route?

We too have out opinions, and we too have a right to do what we think is right for us.

Just saying, some choice of wording comes across probably more abrasive then intended... But, it does read as if we are 'not too wise' for buying used. Read your posts, and take the high road if you don't agree with any post...

$.02 - All IMHO, and with an intent of pointing out that 'It's all good!'. Go out and have some fun, gas, C, B, DP, 5th, Truck Camper, Trailer, pop-up tent - it just does not matter, as long as we're all having fun.

Best to all, have fun, be safe,
Smitty
Old 02-17-2014, 11:56 PM   #95

When we shopped for gas or diesel any of them from 2008 or older looked like 1980 s no thanks on the tube tv s and flowered couches
Old 02-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #96

I was in this same place a few weeks ago. Hubby and I were questioning our decison to get a DP instead of a gasser. We just couldn't find a gasser that felt solid enought to be our home.

For occasional weekends it wasn't hard, but everything I saw from forest river was sad :(

We didn't look at winne or fleet wood gassers because by then we'd wandered to Entegra and had fallen in love

That being said I did like the tiffin allegro and think it was great for the fact it was gas but is pricey compared to some.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #97

I have a 2013 thor gas and it drives straight with no wandering big trucks have no affect on it maybe they did some improvements over the years I did order the 5 star the downshifting is annoying
Old 02-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #98

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvnerd1971 View Post
I have a 2013 thor gas and it drives straight with no wandering big trucks have no affect on it maybe they did some improvements over the years I did order the 5 star the downshifting is annoying
What is the five star?

Tags
class a, diesel, gas