Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #15
Thanks for the info. Are the Monaco considered high end in the rv range?
My floor plan calls for the entry, to be not at the front by the passenger door and the stove and sink to be on the passenger side. Can I find this in a Monaco? Is there a place I can go to get layouts and model numbers if this is how you can tell what to look for? Thanks.

Twistedgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #16
Sticking with the typical brand loyalty we find here, I suggest that you look at Newmar coaches. Good designs, very well built, and of course we really like ours. (2005 Kountry Star 3910).

Tom & Jan ---- Westwing43
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:30 AM   #17
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We wanted a quality older DP and looked at Monaco, Newmar, Country Coach and Alpine. Each of those manufacturers had a full line up and even their lower end coaches were very high quality.

They aren't the only ones by any means, but you have to have some parameters when searching.
Dennis and Katherine
2000 Monaco Dynasty
barmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #18
American Coach Owners Club
Don't forget American Coach! We're loving ours!
Lisablue85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:14 PM   #19
Gulf Streamers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Whatever you decide, make sure you look at your weights. If your going to carry your motorcycle on the motorhome, make sure your not over weight. Is that all your bringing? Lots of letters and numbers, learn what they mean and stay within spec. Good luck with your search, and oh, a used Rv is only as good as it was maintained! Get it looked at professionaly
Mike & Becky
2005 Gulfstream Crescendo 8356
Frutza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:38 PM   #20
Higher end is going to be Foretravel, Country Coach, Beaver and Monaco and American. Foretravel didn't come with a slide till 2000. If you're wanting a good ride look at suspension with 8 airbags (10 for tag). Also look where they mount the airbags. Some are mounted on the frame rails. The further outboard the more stable of ride. Mine are mounted in line with front and rear tires some of the others brands are too. I'm sure I left out some other quality coaches but that is a start.

Bruce & Teresa
2000 Foretravel U320 4010
Cummins ISM 450hp
Allison HD4060R 6 Spd W/Retarder
Bruce & Teresa
2000 Foretravel
U320 4010
ecurb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 PM   #21
Thank you to all who have responded. Bruce and Teresa, I appreciate the details and guidance in your last post. I'm not sure I can rise to a Foretravel though I've been told they are one of the best. It's great to have suggestions from the different Marquees, it all helps. As of yet I'm not pulled in one direction, there are many factors. These good suggestion are helping me to make a strong choice as I continue to look. It may come down to what's on offer that fits most of the check list. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea and to hold out for " the right girl" please say. Though I could be looking for a long time?

Twistedgrip is offline   Reply With Quote