Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
A moment to talk toilets please

We have a Dometic master flush in the rear of the coach (have a half bath mid coach) and I'm not sure it is working correctly. Lets say you use the coach in it's most basic way, when finished we flush, about 8 seconds later it flushes (I think it takes this time to start the macerator pump). After the flush, the water or bowl is never fully flushed and evidence of the "business" is still apparent. Now if you use the toilet at maximum use, one flush doesn't come close to being enough to clear the bowl. Is this normal?

I've tried to add water to the bowl before using but doesn't seem to make a difference.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From what I have read on macerator, vacuum and electronic rear toilets, you would probably be wise to limit their use to just liquid business. Use your half bath for the heavy duty visits, as it is probably a gravity drop toilet. JMHO
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:44 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler1954 View Post
Use your half bath for the heavy duty visits
I'm sorry but that is just laugh out loud funny !!!

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:55 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
I'm sorry but that is just laugh out loud funny !!!
It is funny. On a side note, I read several years ago that if I can make it to age 60 without growing up, then I don't have to at that point. That has been my goal for the last 12 years or so. I have less than 7 years to go and I really think I can make it. My wife says I am a shoe in for it so I have that going for me.

In all seriousness, the answer of using the mid bath for serious matters may just be the answer but I thought I would ask. The other odd thing I noticed and don't have an answer to is why does the half bath have the sprayer hose and no hose for the back bath. That could solve a lot of issue as well, at least help with the process.

Oh, just thought of this. Our third grand baby just put together the sound her bottom makes occasionally and how it can make people laugh. So the little 2 year old likes to entertain others by making the "poof" sound while bending over. She might be grand dads favorite, LOL.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:11 PM   #5

Someone we know just got a 2013 Holiday Rambler 43' with one of these toilets and the tech said you must use RV--TP. If you do, then you must have a another problem.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We have one of the electric flush commodes on pit back bath. It is strictly liquid only, no heavy duty plops. The half bath is the work horse in the coach. I use Kirkland or angle soft for both commodes. No more than 4 sheets folded. Works fine.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:35 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
It is funny. On a side note, I read several years ago that if I can make it to age 60 without growing up, then I don't have to at that point. That has been my goal for the last 12 years or so. I have less than 7 years to go and I really think I can make it. My wife says I am a shoe in for it so I have that going for me.

In all seriousness, the answer of using the mid bath for serious matters may just be the answer but I thought I would ask. The other odd thing I noticed and don't have an answer to is why does the half bath have the sprayer hose and no hose for the back bath. That could solve a lot of issue as well, at least help with the process.

Oh, just thought of this. Our third grand baby just put together the sound her bottom makes occasionally and how it can make people laugh. So the little 2 year old likes to entertain others by making the "poof" sound while bending over. She might be grand dads favorite, LOL.
I can assure you that not growing up can be done. I知 close to 10 years beyond that goal and I知 often accused of having never grown up and with no apparent desire to do so. I mean .... really, I got this far without doing it so I知 not about to try and change now. We have 3 eight year old G-kids and they are perfecting the proofing art and I must admit, they are good .... even my granddaughter.

Sorry to take this off topic.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #8

Good morning, I知 the opposite, the heavy work is done in the rear bathroom, its a Tecma with two buttons, normal and water saver. My thinking is that by using this for heavy work breaks things up thus avoiding any large build ups. That way when emptying the tank things flow better.
Topworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topworth View Post
Good morning, I知 the opposite, the heavy work is done in the rear bathroom, its a Tecma with two buttons, normal and water saver. My thinking is that by using this for heavy work breaks things up thus avoiding any large build ups. That way when emptying the tank things flow better.
I have to disagree, we also have the Tecma electronic flush toilet. The two buttons only control how much water will be released to ensure the load makes it to the black tank. On our coach that is about a 15 ft., slight angle, run to the black tank. To me that is just a problem waiting to happen, I'd rather limit the usage then pull the toilet and snake the drain. YRMV
Old 12-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Dang, are you’ll the same ones that said bath and half is the only way to GO???
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
Dang, are you値l the same ones that said bath and half is the only way to GO???
Yeppers, it is still my preferred floorplan.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #12

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We have Tecma toilets in both bathrooms, and they handle the worst 'business' I can hand them. Rarely I do have to flush twice, but that's not common at all. Neither toilet is near the black tank either.

When I got this coach, I was worried that they'd not work well, however that worry was unfounded!
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #13

Sounds like somebody needs a poop knife.. LOL...I'd have to agree on the macerator making things easier to empty... I guess it really depends on your fiber intake... But the straight drop is a for sure for sure flush... Put something in the tank to break down the big battleship floaters...And always use lots of water..
JPSpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:33 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stroker View Post
Someone we know just got a 2013 Holiday Rambler 43' with one of these toilets and the tech said you must use RV--TP. If you do, then you must have a another problem.
2 stroker
I have known several that have had trouble with TP in macerator's.

Tags
toilet