Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
FIVE slides?! That's pioneering, like One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind; good luck, Mr. Gorsky!!

Best of luck. We want to hear how your Infant Mortality Year goes, are standing behind you 100%.
Thanks for the creative expression of doubt. Your input, though valued, is a bit obscure. I'm sure that we will have many misadventures in the first year, just as we did in the Airstream. I attribute these challenges to learning curve. I' do enjoy a good laugh and I will be sure to keep those who are interested up to speed.
hwyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #16

Check what your taxes will be before you do anything. Could make a big difference. Found out too late that could of avoided the $35,000 sales tax.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
Check what your taxes will be before you do anything. Could make a big difference. Found out too late that could of avoided the $35,000 sales tax.
We have already confronted the sales tax, which is unaviodable, since we are buying from a dealer. Though, we did save by transfering the tag.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #18

Get the pictures up. I want to see these slides, Please!!!
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lault View Post
Get the pictures up. I want to see these slides, Please!!!
Will Do... Once we sign our lives away. you can also find photos on the RV trader web site. your looking for: 2011 Monaco, Diplomat PD5.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwyman
Once again, everyone’s feedback has been spot on. We are scheduled to close on the previously titled Monaco, this coming Saturday. I believe that we have managed the best deal possible without causing bloodshed. The coach has just less than 3500 miles and was never taken off of the dealer’s lot, due to unexpected employment issues. We will have 9 of the 12 month warrantee and the full balance of the chassis and drive train warrantees. The only unexpected drawback thus far is that our planned toad: 2010, VW, TDI, Jetta (Manual Trans) requires a tow dolly… Go figure. I’m still checking this one out, but 4 out of 6 dealers that I’ve contacted have said that “VW does not recommend towing with all four tires down, despite the manual transmission.” Once we become official, I’m sure I’ll have “Newbie” questions. Thanks again for all of the valuable input.
Congratulations! We are only a month into this life and are so excited. Look forward to pictures as well
Old 07-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
We have been discussing full timing for the past five years. We initially, bought the Airstream with the intent of extended trips (1/2 timing). However, we quickly discovered that more room and storage would be needed for full timing. We have finally made the commitment and once the ink dries the clock starts. We both will continue to work as we make the transition from stick build home owners to motor home owners. I will continue to research things and look forward to learning from those of you that have already made the leap.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I look forward to seeing the photos.

Happy trails...

Me too!!!

Congrats in advance, and most importantly, ENJOY!!

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:01 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Pulling the Trigger this Morning

We're off to finalize the purchase of our 2011 Monaco: "The one with all the slides". I'll up load photos when we return this afternoon. As of this post, my wife and I are firmly committed... or perhaps we should be committed. In any case the clock has started on our move from sticks and bricks to wheels and woods. Tic tock tic tock.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Trigger pulled!

Good Afternoon all,
My wife and I did it: The searching, test drives and negotiations are finally over and the deal is sealed. We are the proud owners of a 2011 Monaco Diplomat PD5. We have spent the better part of 5 years researching Bus conversions and Class A diesel pushers. We are pleased with our new coach and feel that we've gotten a great deal from the folks at Lazydays here in Tampa. Our experience with Lazydays and the purchase of our motor coach has been nothing short of remarkable. Gary and the rest of the Lazydays team made our experience less stressful than that of the purchase of our automobiles. We wish to thank everyone that posted replies to our initial post on the motor home forums. The information provided and input was invaluable. I will update ya'll and provide the pictures that I promised as soon as we are able to take some. We look forward to future information sharing and meeting folks when the opportunity arises.
Steph and Barry
Old 07-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:07 AM   #26

I think I found it. Stock #: WU42014, looks fantastic!
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreen45 View Post
I think I found it. Stock #: WU42014, looks fantastic!
That's our new baby... Like I said, in my previous post, Gary Weiner and the rest of the Lazydays folks made the experience a positive one. The fact that the deal was impossible to walk away from didn't hurt either. To answer the questions posed by The_Rooster and go6car, the previous owner purchased the coach (new) from Lazydays in early 2011 but never took possession due to employment issues. As a result, my wife and I have a virtually new coach, 3750.00 Miles, 35.6 hrs on the Onan 10K generator, and one heck of a great purchase price. I would recommend that anyone who is looking for a great deal on quality pre-owned or new Class A Diesel Pushers, give Gary a call: 813246.4999 x4464
Happy Trails
Steph and Barry
Old 07-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #28

I second that suggestion about Lazy Days. We got a great price on our '08 Camelot and our sales consultant (James Paredes) was the consummate professional! I highly recommend both James and Lazy Days