Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 12:55 PM   #1

ABS light on

I took My HR Endeavor DP 40 out of storage last week all was fine started okay ran fine to drop off at shop that was going to change sat dome and add side camera`s they called today to say it`s done but ABS light is on, I told them it was not on when I took it out of garage or on the way to there shop about a 25 mile ride, was hoping someone might have an idea, never had it on last year at all. maybe when they were under the dash doing wiring.

Thanks in advance Bill

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On my coach the ABS light stays on until you press the brake petal. Did they just start the engine or move it and the ABS is still on?

Old 04-18-2016, 02:49 PM   #3

I`m not sure if they moved it from when they parked it, but I`m going to talk with them Tuesday.

Thank you for the help
Old 04-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I own a 2002 Monaco Windsor.

On my coach I have the ABS module located in the front drivers side electrical bay, lower left corner. I can check the ABS codes by turning the key on, pressing the brake pedal 1 time, and then go outside to the compartment and press a small button for ~1 second. There is a small LED light that provides a blink code, usually a 2 digit code that represents the wheel location and the problem.

Last time my light was staying on and I ran diagnostics the blink code indicated that the front drivers side sensor was out of spec on distance from the tone ring. I pulled the sensor, cleaned it and put it back in. Solved my problem.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Saab Guy".....I think you'll find that it will go out shortly after you drive it. I had an 05 Diplomat and about every 10th time I left the house on a trip, it would come on for a few minutes and then turn off. If it didn't, it would turn off the minute I stopped the coach and restarted. It's very common on the Monaco products. Sometimes it's related to damp or rainy weather where you drive the coach and park it for a few days. The rear brake drums and shoes will rust together. On several occasions, I had to rock the coach to get the brake drums to release and I live in a dry climate.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I misspoke in my earlier post. The ATC (not the ABS) light stays on until I press the brake petal.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #7

Thanks for all the help I'm going up to get the coach this weekend and will ck it out with the help you all have given me.

Thank you bill
Old 04-23-2016, 07:29 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Some ABS systems are voltage sensitive, might try starting and shutting down 3 or 4 consecutive times to see if controller will reset.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:55 AM   #9

Abs light

Update on abs light, I cked out coach this weekend cked fuses and reset the module ABS light went out and did not come back during self test, going up to put new tires on next Saturday, so will see if it returns going down the road if so will know it's a sensor. Thanks for all the help now on to the next project
Old 05-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #10

Front wheel sensors on mine were dirty causing the ABS light to stay on. Removed them. Cleaned them. Took a test drive. ABS light went off and has stayed off.

Tags
abs, holiday rambler, light