Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
AC help/referral needed near Disney World,FL

On vacation, need help....in Fl at Disney World. Can anyone recommend an independent or company that does road service; we have a penguin ll a/c hp 15k that is not working properly, tried to get resolved before we left Atlanta but ran out of time; now we are at WDW with only the rear 13k unit working. We plan on having someone come out to take a look at the unit but have no perevious experience with any company or independent in the area. Any advise would be appreciated, it's hot. Thanks everyone!!!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Just a thought... the front 15k air in my previous Hurricane stopped working on me one day, and would only make a click noice when turned on (you didn't define not working properly). Turned out to be the breaker at the generator was thrown. Until then, I didn't even know that the breakers on the generator could stop the AC while other things appeared to work. Later discovered that we couldn't run the microwave and front AC at the same time. The best thing was that the problem was quickly and easily resolved without costing a dime. I hope that your situation turns out to be equally easy and free.

DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat
Just a thought... the front 15k air in my previous Hurricane stopped working on me one day, and would only make a click noice when turned on (you didn't define not working properly). Turned out to be the breaker at the generator was thrown. Until then, I didn't even know that the breakers on the generator could stop the AC while other things appeared to work. Later discovered that we couldn't run the microwave and front AC at the same time. The best thing was that the problem was quickly and easily resolved without costing a dime. I hope that your situation turns out to be equally easy and free.
Were you running the AC on generator at the time? That's the only way what you described makes sense.

I believe the OP is on shore power. I would think that a tripped breaker at the generator wouldn't matter if on shore power.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ask the folks at WDW. Last Sept our neighbor had a problem with his and the desk folks got them some help really fast. Did a great job for a reasonable price too.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #5

Did you get the transfer switch issue mentioned on your other posts resolved?
COuld be a problem with something other than an AC unit.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Were you running the AC on generator at the time? That's the only way what you described makes sense.

I believe the OP is on shore power. I would think that a tripped breaker at the generator wouldn't matter if on shore power.
Great catch... didn't think about that one. A DUH moment for me.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Having replaced one of these myself, getting a "mobile" repair is going to be interesting, as you need to get 100lbs+ or not-easily-grabbed AC unit about 12' high to the top of your RV. I had to do it with a pulley system.

A mobile tech should be able to tell you if the unit is dead - or if it's control related. If the unit needs "service" then generally you'll be replacing $600-$700 cost (est) based on internet purchase price. Installation is literally 30 minutes after getting the unit on to the roof.

I dunno if that helps or not...
Old 06-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #8

Email Chris at chris@bryantrv.com
He is excellent and probably couldn't get to your unit for a couple of weeks..always a backlog due to his reputation.
He is located in Deland, FL about 45 minutes north of you via I-4.
He may be able to at least recommend someone reputable. Here is the link to his website which has a ton of troubleshooting info on it. Bryant RV Services
Old 06-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
WDW and disaster strikes

Believe me, I've been there, done that...

First trip to WDW had to hire a diesel tow to tow to Cummins N Orlando...big bucks...the trees in WDW are unbelievable and difficult to work a wrecker around

Next trip the black water tank cracked....yeecch .....patched it myself.

Two years ago a tree fell on neighboring TT and crushed the guy's roof. Some RV neighbors and I helped the guy patch the roof with rolls of duct tape and one sticky roofing rolls I had.

There is a Camping World in Kissimmee on FL192 that might be able to do the work.... Probably 20 mi to WDW. You might be able to drop the RV and enjoy WDW and pick up later same day.

There is Lazy Days and a new Camping World in Seffner, Fl near Tampa (about 70 mi w of WDW)....

If they can't help, try Eagle's Pride RV repair in the Great Outdoors Campground in Titusville (75 mi NE) of WDW. Talk to Mike the owner and explain your timetable.

It always happens on vacation.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
LEt us know how it turns out...
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camping Connection is on 192 about 6 or 8 miles west of Fort Wilderness. They have mobile service trucks inside Disney almost everyday. They usually have a backlog but you can give them a call and find out.

There are at least 2 or 3 other mobile RV guys working out of their trucks that I have seen at Fort Wilderness also.

Go to the Reception Outpost and ask them if they have a list.

Good Luck
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I forgot Camping Connection. They are good guys. Always at the Florida RV shows. They seem like good folks.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We full time in Kissimmee. There are a few local mobile repair folks around. We have had good service from Camping Connection and Master RV Mobile Services (407) 348-0862. As far as Lazy Days goes, I had some warranty work done on our camp site. They subbed that out to Camping Connection.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you, several irv2 friends also recommend camping connection. Spoke with them and alliance rv, determined that it was printed circuit board. Replaced it and everything is working great. Thank you for your kind reply