RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ac Leak

Looking for advice.
Have a 2017 Thor 37BG, bought from CW. 10/31/17
We like a lot of us have had many problems that we've hav hadtowork thru with CW this 1st year. This latest problem has me ready to call it quits.
We noticed a leak this summer in one of the AC units in the main living room.
finally have it in to be remedied, CW says Thor is dnying the claim, Thor says 90 days for leaks, not sure I understood that at purchase.
CW says the caulk has degraded and there is a tear in the roof.
I have 3 pics from CW that appears to show very poor caulk job done and the tear they describe appears to be part of the hole cut for the AC unit.

CW says 5-1/2 hours and $842.00 to replace caulk and re-seal the complete roof.

Anyone have experience on how to proceed to get Thor to cover this repair.
I tried to attach 3 pics, but could only manage to get one attached.
Thanks,
Joe Kealey, PA

Jkealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

A okay where's the one picture I don't have anything. As to your problem did Thor install the AC or CW? Who ever installed it should be responsible for fixing it at their expense. As for the warranty 90 days seems way too short. Is there any documents that state the length of the warranty for that type of failure? I know CW is a PIA when it comes to them being responsible for fixing things. If all else fails try motor home magazine they have a section that people write in for help like your describing and try to help them. Good luck hope you get this resolved.

keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:10 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Most manufactures won't warranty roof leaks after 90 days of delivery. They claim once it is sold to the dealer and put on their lot, the dealer is responsible for leaks. Its weird how they can get away with it but they do.
Supposedly CW should have checked the coach when they received it and informed the factory of defects. Seems CW sees it as a clear factory defect and THOR sees it as a dealer problem now. REV does the same with their dealers. CW should step up and do the repair as that issue is now theirs per their agreement with THOR.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:17 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
chuckftboy: I haven't found where the Thor warranty states 90 days on leaks, just stated by CW.

Keger: trying to attach the pic again.
I was planning on trying the motorhome mag hotline for help.

CW has a link to file complaints, I think Ill give that a try.

Joe
Jkealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:09 AM   #5

Joe, Not sure if the PA behind your name is for Physicians Assistant or Pennsylvania.

Start a dialogue with the Thor Repair Center in Wakarusa and send them copies of what CW has done. You need to be communicating with Thor CS not CW. You may be able to get them to look at yours as the issue was present before the warranty expired. If they will (and you are in Pa), it wouldn't take you that long to get over there.

CW is probably lying through their teeth as not to have to spend time on a warranty claim. I would need that 90 day stuff in writing.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #6

Man that stinks. But maybe the fix is not that difficult. Maybe you can do it yourself and know you did it right and save yourself a lot of headaches. I know, its the principle.

rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote