Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #1

Adco Cover

I would like to sample popular opinion regarding the Adco RV covers. I have a Monaco 38 foot Camelot that I bought last March from the original owner. 28k miles and in pristine condition. I live in Pioneer, CA which is up in the Sierra at 3300 feet. We get some snow, but at this level it’s manageable.

I’m thinking about dropping $300 for a large custom Adco cover. What I don’t want is to waist money on something that is just a huge problem. I can imagine it’s a total pain to put on and take off. Besides at 68 with hip and back pain I really don’t relish going up the RV ladder any more than I need to. I do it enough as it is.

All of you RVers with these covers, please give me a good sense of what I would be getting into. I would love protecting the RV from the elements, snow, sun and dust, but I don’t want to invest money in a cover that sits, because it’s just too much trouble to use. RVs are made to handle most elements and my roof has a little paint pealing, but everything else looks good. Last March I got caught in the snow fall with my bedroom slide out and the weight of the snow tore my slide topper out of the C channel. My bad on that.

So should I let the RV sit and endure the weather saving my money for another RV fix or go for a cover.

Thanks in advance for all the input.
Dave B
DaveBunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #2

I have used Adco covers on the past the last one lasted about 6 years. I'm covering a 36' MH and yes it can be a pain to install or remove sometimes but I feel it's better then having my MH endor all the weather, sun, rain, snow etc. God knows what else. In my case my son has helped my wife and I so that helps with the install or removal. We have done it by ourselves we just take our time. That's one nice thing about being retired. Generally I'll wash and wax my MH before installing the cover that way any surface dirt is gone and installing the cover wouldn't cause scratches. There are side access sections that are zippered so if you need to get back into your MH it's fairly easy. It also has top side vents to let it breath this keeps the mold away and helps stop the ballooning effect. I always felt the cover was cheap insurance. If you have issues getting on top of your MH try putting your stabilizers down. That will hold the MH from swaying. Also you could probably find someone to help you and pay them for there trouble. Anyway I think it worth it. I'd rather see the snow on my cover then my MH. Good luck on your discission.
keger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you cannot build a fixed RV Barn or Port, a cover will protect the RV from sun, bird droppings, and similar exposure.

Our SoCal sun is too hot to forego cover, but covered storage is too expensive.

Adco is in the mid-price segment for covers along with brands like Expedition and others. Premium cover cost more and are much heavier but last longer being made from materials like Sunbrella. Discount covers fit poorly and do not have corner zippers to help install/removal.
See: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post1681530

Install is easy by one person - if you fold the cover during removal in a way that helps. We fold it up like a burrito then roll it into a bundle that is easy to move/drop/lift. That bundle is placed in the same location at install...keeps it simple and easy. We believe that is the key to owners who do or do not use a cover. It is simply the "7 P's" of performance.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover