Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 07:40 PM   #1

ADCO Tyvek RV Roof Only Cover

Anyone have any thoughts on this roof only cover? Seems that most problems stem from water on the roof. Would this product do the job? It is supposed to be a new product.
KAMPURR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If you could supply a bit more info, you may more responses. Is this cover designed for occasional use, or is it a winter cover? Most roof covers are a hassle to put on and take off. Do you have pics of it you can post?
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #3

I looked at an ad for them the other day. It appears they are strapped to the wheels of the coach. The ad claimed this would keep the straps from touching the sides of the coach & prevent scratching. I would have to see one installed in person or talk to someone who has used one for a while & get their opinion.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Kampurr".....thanks for asking about this new cover. I didn't realize they were making something like this and was something I've been looking for. I really want to just protect my roof line, but a full cover is just too much work.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #5

Just received mine today. Got it up on the roof easily. Whole lot better than lugging the 65 pound full cover. Think this one weighs 12 pounds.
I had a bunch of pine straw to remove and am waiting a couple of hours for those spots to dry. 87 degrees in the sun so it should dry quick..
I am waiting for an answer from Adco as to how the tire brackets work. No instructions included but they look as if they fit under each tire and strap together on the outside. That would work fine on a small tire but the straps are way too short to meet on my 22.5 inch tires.

Will report back when I get it on correctly. I could see how this would even be light enough and small enough to carry in one of the storage lockers and use in a campground if desired.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:27 AM   #6

I watched a video that Camping world has on that cover. Showed getting it on the roof to spreading it out & strapping it down. If I remember the tire bracket goes around the tire & the adjustment strap goes on the outside of the tire & than tightened. I wonder if there is enough ventilation with it on to run A/C's? I leave mine on set at 80 in the summer months.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #7

I have been looking at one of these covers also. It is nice to keep the sun from beating down on the top all the time yet leave the sides opened. More details when you receive them would be great, and perhaps a picture of the cover when on the coach.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #8

A new thread was started regarding spraying the roof with bed liner as well as the front end
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:18 AM   #9

No answer from Adco on how to use tire fixtures. Think I'll just rig an extension to the existing straps.
Cover fits well, but I am suspect of the quality of the material. I thought it would be the same material as the roof of my existing full Adco cover, not so. It appears to be the same thickness as Tyvec house wrap. Nice and light but I really wonder if it will take the wear of wind rubbing it on various parts on the roof (AC units, sat antennas, etc.)
We'll see. No pic as it looks exactly like the picture on their web site.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #10

looks like their website states that it's only a Tyvek type cover, and doesnt' alude to any usage of A/Cs when covered. I've considered a roof cover, when parked for a while in the same place, to limit sun and rain noise, but without the ability to use the a/cs I doubt you could make it work. Looks like this cover is only for outside storage, maybe in winter climates.
"Covers Only the RV’s Roof
Weighs a Fraction of What Full Size RV Covers Weigh (10 to 15lbs)
Easy to Install
Helps Eliminate Black-streaks and Protects Roof from Environmental Damage
Attaches Using ADCO’s Patent-Pending Wheel Anchor System that Prevents Straps from Contacting RV Side-Walls
Constructed Using DuPont Tyvek® for Maximum Durability and UV Resistance
Water Resistant Yet Breathable
Designed to Accommodate Roof-Top Accessories (Such as A/C, Satellite Dish, Horns, etc.)"
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
ADCO 30'1" to 36' RV Roof Cover | RVCovers.com

I'm in VT .... I'll go with a full cover for the winter months. I can put it on and remove it alone. I suspect mine weighs less than 40 LBS.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof