Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
WDW

Add washer /dryer Winnebago Vista

We've looked at moving up to an A Winnebago Vista with 1.5 bath but no specific washer dryer hookups. Has anyone modified a half bath to accommodate a washer dryer combo or stacked unit?

Taking in the sights ...where my Trolley travels. '15 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK.

WDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #2

First consideration is do you have at least one unused 20amp breaker. In our motorhome there is a 20 amp that was dedicated but Even though the closet had an area for stackables I think it only ever had a combo. We installed our stackable and unless we are on only 30amp hookup the units (110 dryer) both run just fine at the same time. In previous rig was the same way but when we added the dryer we had an unused breaker and Ron used it for the dryer
Next is the plumbing. You will need a vent stack and be able to drain to your gray tank.
Lots of work. If it was me I'd consider looking for something that was already plumbed and ready. A combo is fine but I live my whirlpool front loaders mire

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
We've looked at moving up to an A Winnebago Vista with 1.5 bath but no specific washer dryer hookups. Has anyone modified a half bath to accommodate a washer dryer combo or stacked unit?

Taking in the sights ...where my Trolley travels. '15 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK.
I have seen the Vista half bath and thought to myself that it would make an IDEAL UTILITY ROOM with a stacked washer and dryer. It would also make for added storage space. Great place to put a small vacuum, broom, waste basket, cleaning supplies as well.

You are going to have to add heavier wiring for a 20 amp dedicated circuit for the dryer that you will have to add to the 120 volt panel. If you have done cabinet work, electric and plumbing, then I say go do it. It should be great!

The alternative is to get an RV modification company to do it. They can get you the appliances and have all the necessary tools to do a good job. There are many through out the country and they could knock out a job like this in two days.

Take a picture and post it when you are done!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #4

It's a half bath. It already has a vent stack and drain to gray tank.

Tags
winnebago