Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja View Post
I didn't want to carry a compressor for the remote possibility that I might need it when I have a built in compressor. As for inflating to 120 LBS I bought a multipier...
Bob Dickman Tire Center - Les Schwab Dealer located in Junction City, Oregon

No more relasing air pressure to get below the kick on for the compressor to start back up.
I've never had to add air at a campgound yet. Not saying could never happen. :-)
I was excited until I saw the price. This is something that should be standard equipment. Maybe it is on new Motor Homes. How does it work.

adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post

Well I might be going to ruffle a few feathers here but if I have a low tire and I am going to hit the road. First off I warm my engine up before I leave, second it the compressor was the only way I had to fill a tire then so be it. Sorry if I upset the guy next to me but my safety is the most important thing to me. I guess I am selfish that way? But hey maybe I should worry more about upsetting the guy next door than blowing a tire a 65mph? As for the alarms oh well I guess I would have to live with that it that were to ever happen. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way and if so I guess I am a dinosaur ?
I think what we have here is the perfect example of the 'me first, entitlement Generation'. I get to do what I want irrespective of the effects on other people, I've earned that right!
The really sad part is that they really believe it and cannot (will not) recognize that others have rights too. I'll go get my fire suit now😗

firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
I think what we have here is the perfect example of the 'me first, entitlement Generation'. I get to do what I want irrespective of the effects on other people, I've earned that right!
The really sad part is that they really believe it and cannot (will not) recognize that others have rights too. I'll go get my fire suit now😗
Wow it's funny how you can judge me and you know nothing about me? Did you even read what I wrote? Obviously you and many others didn't. I said if it was the only way I had to inflate a tire that is what I would do. But as is the case with Internet forums people don't really read what someone writes they see what they want and then through the keyboard they bash someone.

i have been a member here for over12 years, and you want to come on hear and say things about me and you don't even know me. I would never say things about you but since you started it, my mother always said don't argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and defeat you with experience. So you win, I give maybe at 52 I am of the entitlement generation or maybe 30 years as a naval officer has made me entitled to the same rights you say I don't care about. But then again you are way above me as I am obviously Inferior to you. Thank you for pointing out my stupidity I never would have known I was such a spoiled brat had you pointed it out to me. Again I bow to your superiority.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
The intelligent choice when in a campground with full hookups is to carry a $100 compressor. Idling 300-600 HP motor is not just rude, its dangerous. The fumes that are generated during a cold diesel idle are deadly. When you start justifying your "safety" on the road to poison the air your neighbors are breathing, yes, that's being a dinosaur.

Whether you air up in the afternoon, or morning, doesn't matter, its still unsafe for you and everyone around. You can air up using the electricity provided by the campground at your site, your inverter, or, in case neither of those are available, a generator would surely be a better choice than running that big engine 5-10 minutes.

I'm sure the screaming children that offend people at a family campground will live longer and breathe easier if they aren't forced to inhale the poison thrown into the air by the coach next to them.
Idling a diesel is not deadly, they do not produce carbon monoxide like gas engines do. That's why they run diesels in mines, cause the fumes won't kill you. They will stink you out though! Lol
Old 06-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #61

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I did not notice that.What is the value of the 5' hose if it does not lock on. This one locks on but has the short hose.
Milton S516 Window Tire Inflator Gauge : Amazon.com : Automotive
I guess I should take a picture or two of the ones I have. One gauge is electronic and the hose locks in so you can stand to the side.
The other gauge is in an aluminum housing that will service two tires, the fittings lock on the stems and you can do both front tires are once. I don't think they make them any more though.
I also have a certified gauge from NAPA to check the others with.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I was excited until I saw the price. This is something that should be standard equipment. Maybe it is on new Motor Homes. How does it work.
I don't know how it works, but here is the primary SMC component as show on the Bob Dickman web site. Interesting gadget.

NVBA1110-T02N

Bob Dickman Tire Center - Air Pressure Maintenance Aids
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I guess I should take a picture or two of the ones I have. One gauge is electronic and the hose locks in so you can stand to the side.
The other gauge is in an aluminum housing that will service two tires, the fittings lock on the stems and you can do both front tires are once. I don't think they make them any more though.
I also have a certified gauge from NAPA to check the others with.

Thanks that would be great.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Wow it's funny how you can judge me and you know nothing about me? Did you even read what I wrote? Obviously you and many others didn't. I said if it was the only way I had to inflate a tire that is what I would do. But as is the case with Internet forums people don't really read what someone writes they see what they want and then through the keyboard they bash someone.

i have been a member here for over12 years, and you want to come on hear and say things about me and you don't even know me. I would never say things about you but since you started it, my mother always said don't argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and defeat you with experience. So you win, I give maybe at 52 I am of the entitlement generation or maybe 30 years as a naval officer has made me entitled to the same rights you say I don't care about. But then again you are way above me as I am obviously Inferior to you. Thank you for pointing out my stupidity I never would have known I was such a spoiled brat had you pointed it out to me. Again I bow to your superiority.
My point is made.
firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #65

Time to unsubscribe...this thread has lost any educational value it may have had at one time...
Old 06-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #66

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Well said Huck!
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its amazing how these threads morph into something else. The OP originally asked if they should check pressure or inflate the tires with the motorhome up on jacks or on the ground.

Next thing we know, someone says why are you using your on board compressor, then it turns into a discussion on courtesy in the the campground. I'm just as guilty as anyone here, as you can tell by my comments. I just came back to this thread, started reading it, and couldn't help but laugh at what it had become.

Actually, I guess this is part of the entertainment value of the thread. I enjoy every minute of it, I hope everyone else does also without getting serious.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #68
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Actually, I guess this is part of the entertainment value of the thread. I enjoy every minute of it, I hope everyone else does also without getting serious.

Dave, I agree with you. I don't mind the threads "wandering" off subject, but I hate to see the animosity and backstabbing. IRV2 has the reputation of being the friendliest RV website and I think we all should try really hard to live up to that reputation.

I don't mean to be coming down on anyone because I have probably been guilty of saying things that annoyed someone, maybe because they didn't take it the way I meant. Anyway, we can all do better! If I read something that I don't agree with or maybe irritates me, I just "FIDO" (forget it and drive on!) them!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post

Dave, I agree with you. I don't mind the threads "wandering" off subject, but I hate to see the animosity and backstabbing. IRV2 has the reputation of being the friendliest RV website and I think we all should try really hard to live up to that reputation.

I don't mean to be coming down on anyone because I have probably been guilty of saying things that annoyed someone, maybe because they didn't take it the way I meant. Anyway, we can all do better! If I read something that I don't agree with or maybe irritates me, I just "FIDO" (forget it and drive on!) them!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Well ya know it is funny but you started all this stuff about the on board compressor LoL and now it is all someone else who is straying form topic?

But either way all is good no harm no foul.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Why aren't you using the compressor on the MH?
Oops

Tags
tires