Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #1

Adding fuel in Allegro Bus

I just purchased an '05 Tiffin Allegro Bus, and wanted to add fuel on the way home. The fuel gauge showed close to empty, it has a 150 gallon capacity, but would only take about 55 gallons. Do I have to fill from both sides or is there a switch or something?
David Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not likely that you have a switch, filling from either side goes into the same tank.

What does the fuel gauge say after adding 55 gallons?

Could be you were filling it too fast, creating foam as diesel tends to do, and that is what shut it off. Did you attempt to add more after it shut down?

My Winnebago would shut down, then I could slowly add 14 more gallons.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #3

No switch and you do not have to fuel from both sides. Turn your front wheels to either the left or right lock and look at the top of the wheel well at the rear end. You'll see the large hose that sends the fuel to the fuel tank located between the frame rails and you'll also see the refueling vent line, a smaller hose. Both of these hoses need to be level or sloping slightly to the fuel tank. If the hoses have any dips in them you'll need to zip tie or wire them back so they feed smoothly to the tank. A dip in either or both of these hoses causes a plumbing like "P" trap that will prevent you from filling the tank completely. Of course the rig should be level or nearly so, front to back and side to side, when fueling. I usually get under the rig and check these hoses when doing my scheduled lubrication, but most shops won't even look at them.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel