Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
ADTH ROS 7 Rear Camera Question

Hopefully someone out there has at some time replaced a ADTH rear camera system and can answer a question.

I am attempting to replace mine with a color system. I really don't want to replace the cable run from dash to back. I have read that on my 2004 Allegro Bus this is not very easy.

The cable is a 4 pin (s-video looking cable). The 4 pins should be 1) Power 2) Video 3) Audio 4) ground video shield. Problem is I don't know which pin is which. I am very hopeful some one might have this information. My owners manual does not have this information. I have attempted to contact ADTH with out success.

Would also be interested in what camera/monitor people might recommend. Thanks in advance as to any advise you can offer.

Alan & MJ Darby
2004 Allegro Bus
Pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
If you stay with the same brand ADTH most likely the cable will be the same as you have now. I don;t know your problem but you still could have a bad cable and a new one can be run, just not the same path as was installed at the factory while they were building the coach. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
I bought and installed a system like the link below (from same vendor) several years ago, and it has worked great. I did run new cables as I installed two rear cameras. In your situation, you could buy the camera and monitor with the supplied short cable, cut the ends off your current cable, cut the connectors off the new cable, and splice (solder) new cable ends to the old cable.

You can find cheaper systems, but the one in the link above seems to be good quality and has worked well for me.

If you don't want to cut and solder, then you will have to run a new cable under the coach along the frame rails. Not technically difficult, but you will be crawling around under the motorhome.

Another option would be to work with RV CAMS, and buy one of their systems. (link below). I've read a lot of good comments about them, and they have supplied adapters to allow use of an existing cable with new camera/monitor purchased from them.
RVCams Backup Cameras and Rear View Systems: Backup Camera Systems (All)
Fred & Vicki
Richmond Hill, Ga
2000 H.R.Endeavor/Freightliner/330 Cat
Fred Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Thank you for your replays. I have a new system on order that should be in tomorrow. Running a new cable is still not out of the question or impossible by any means. I just can't justify this when the current cable is serviceable condition. I will first attempt to splice. I was mainly trying to find out if anyone knew the Pin Locations that ADTH used but I am certain I will figure this out by trial and error when I splice in new line. Again, thanks for your input.
Alan & MJ Darby
2004 Allegro Bus
Pico is offline   Reply With Quote