Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2015, 11:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoissant View Post
I know this question has been asked several times but responses remain unclear ( to me at least and I'm the DW but unfortunately DH doesn't understand more than me

Right now, we drive a gas MH, 36ft Dolphin2003.
We are looking at buying our first DP, a Winnebago Journey 40U 2011. It comes with a 360hp ISC Cummins8.3l (with I believe 1050 torque). My husband and I are concerned about the 360 hp (2012 and over come with the 380 hp). We are not retired yet and will mostly use the MH to go to Myrtle beach or Florida but once we retire we hope to travel across the USA and Canada and will likely hit big hills. Will the MH be OK to go up these big hills? This is really our only concern because the MH is sparkling inside out and the floor plan is exactly what we want. I am also aware that we are not driving big hills all the time and therefore maybe our concerns are inappropriate. We tow a small Elantra GT.

We need to take our decision soon, your input and experience will help.
Thank you,
take this how you will... but be more concerned with how comfortable the coach is inside.... I've had a lot of motorhomes ...the time you spend on the hill flat doesn't mater if you don't like the layout of the coach
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
lets not go over board...no one buys a motorhome to be the fastest up the hill

The OP's question was concern about power in the mountains in a similar rig to mine, I was addressing those concerns. See OP's post.

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:18 AM   #17

Thank you all for your advices. I fully agree that the floor plan, comfort and confidence in the company are probably the most important but it is a big investment (I should say expense...).

We are now looking at a 2012 40U from a dealer (has the 380 hp and a little more weight capacity - I think). We'll have to see how negotiable he will be.

Lisa
lpoissant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, journey