Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, I see where I owe several some dimes and I will make a list of the names and when I see these people, I will swear that I am not Seajay the sailor man and save most of a fortune in dimes.
I see several that qualify for portions of a ''dime'' for kinda good ideas and stuff like that and I figure these people will forget about their ideas anyway and not expect any money.
There are some on here that are ''pointing and drooling'' and ''scratchin' their head'' a lot still trying to figure out exactly what the ''question is'' and they get a smile and a thank you.
To the guy that suggested ''changing wives'' you should understand that I have a fortune invested in My Willa now. I have had her teeth fixed, Her foot fixed, I have had her ''spaded'' and her gall bladder removed and I bought her a forty thousand dollar convertible custom made car and her daughter ,Tammy, would kick me in the ''things'' if I so much as made her momma sad. Good idea, bad economic advise......

I have kinda figured out that if I stall and kinda ''put off'' the project long enough maybe My Willa will forget about the request. this worked last year and it may work again ..... Time will tell on this .....

Anyhow. Keep the advise coming and I will let you know how it works out ...

I am ready to see our troops to come ''Marching home'' now.......

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I thought you were seriously trying to remodel your tub/shower and now I realize its a joke. It appears to me you got some good recommendations but the only ones you're interested in have nothing to do with actually remodeling your tub.

Good luck with the boots or new wife or whichever you choose.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #17

Cool

O.K. I'll take a swing at it!
Please let me apoligize in advance if it is not what you are looking for.

When I did a remodel on my bath at home I went from a bathtub to a shower. The contractor pulled out the existing tub and fixtures, measured and had a drain pan constructed to fit the area. Drain and everything lined up perfectly. Then they measured the glass and door area and had a door constructed to fit the opening. It did not seem to expensive, not counting the labor I think I had paid around five to six hundred for all the parts and pieces to complete the conversion.
Would this work for a motorhome?
Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #18

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

How about just making a sign..."lift feet before stepping out"...no new wife, no new boots and no construction!!
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
Ok,
To the guy that suggested ''changing wives'' you should understand that I have a fortune invested in My Willa now. I have had her teeth fixed, Her foot fixed, I have had her ''spaded'' and her gall bladder removed and I bought her a forty thousand dollar convertible custom made car and her daughter ,Tammy, would kick me in the ''things'' if I so much as made her momma sad. Good idea, bad economic advise......

Anyhow. Keep the advise coming and I will let you know how it works out ...
I guess that was rather extreme ..... But keep in mind it I didn't realize the total investment you had in Willa, my mistake and after being married 40 years to the same woman I should have thought that one out a little better. I hope I haven't been removed from contention for the dime as times are tough here in the sunshine state and it would come in handy. Now, here is a suggestion from my wife Willynne (Willie), yes that's really her name), anyway, she suggested rigging up a nice outdoor shower with not much effort using a garden hose and spray nozzle, it would have a lot more room then the RV shower and nothing to stub a toe on... Remember this is not my idea and I assume no responsibility for it, unless of course it's in consideration for aforementioned dime.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Tell her the shower"thingy" is being converted to extra closet space for her and that you will exclude her to the campground shower when she chooses to shower as their hot water don't run out as fast and she won't stub the foot you already fixed