Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Thank, good thought. I assume you are referring to divorce of the son or daughter.
Yep, a divorce of the child, not yours. If it's your own divorce you will probably have more important issues than the RV. As one of my clients so painfully noted, "A divorce is where your ex gets custody of the house and you get custody of the mortgage!"

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Even if you can legally go with an LLC you may still run into tax problems as you would be required to file and pay IFTA fuel taxes as a business
Here's the FMCA story on it:
Of all the posts in this thread, the most disturbing is the last one on page one by Mr. D. It suggests that any motorhome that meets the weight requirements that is in an LLC is probably subject to the IFTA requirements, even if it is used exclusively for recreation. To give you an idea of how far flung that statement can be, imagine having to get a use permit to travel out of your own state. How about filing fuel tax reports in every state you traverse? Do you now need a CDL? How about stopping at weight stations?

We often will use LLC's as an asset protection tool even if there is no commercial use for the LLC. For example, we may put a lake cottage into an LLC to protect the owners from potential lawsuits. Does this automatically change the cottage to a business? The interpretation that all LLC's are businesses is downright scary for us. The tax definition of an LLC is that it is a disregarded entity or a tax nothing. Apparently other agencies do not share that definition.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #45

You think taxes are bad, Administration is trying to push a $100 fee on every General Aviation flight. That $100 coffee run just doubled. Bad enough you have to pay highway taxes on aviation fuel.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #46
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"wnytaxman"....I applaud you for your posts. A lot of these posts go down hill fast. You brought a nice even temperment and some good information. I wish more of the back and forth could be like this. Your education is showing in your succinctness and grammar.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #47

Why thank you Don. That was very nice of you to say. I look at these forums as a great place to learn and to share knowledge of some things which we may have experienced. Never a need to get bent out of shape. Now if I could convince my wife of that..........

On a more serious note, I see your handle is "Diplomat Don." I believe that I saw elsewhere that you are a retired LA Cop. Now the tough question is how did you get the Diplomat Don title? Have I watched too many LA cop shows?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #48
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I guess I could have been a Diplomat, for the Sheriff's Department. The last 15 years of my 35 years I worked the Arson/Bomb Squad. This was a unit where the public still liked cops and was glad to see one.

The Diplomat came from the motor home, Monaco Diplomat. The Don just sounded like it fit.

Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote

« Batteries | Tire ? »