Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #1

Affinity RV in Arizona

Anyone buy from or use their service department? Good or bad experience? Thanks.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #2

I have been there several times and will probably look else where next time.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:16 PM   #3

Had wheel bearings packed on TT in Prescott before we moved from there and they made a mess. Grease down the side of the trailer and in the brakes as they started squeeling. When i showed them the grease on the side they said they didnt have time to clean it that day. Will never return.
NevadaNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
I have been there several times and will probably look else where next time.
Please tell me why.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 AM   #5

We broke down (overheated) outside of Phoenix on July 3, 2013. Coachnet had us towed to Affinity, and they let us plug in and stay in their parking lot overnight. 7am the next morning (4th of July), their mechanic knocked at our door, and they had us up and running by 9am. Best service I've ever had (it was just a broken hose though).
Dave
DavePeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #6

We bought our 2004 Winnebago Vectra from them. Low mileage unit, 25k miles, and we received a 30 day 1000 mile warranty. We weren't able to drive it right away as my wife broke her upper arm, and then we did use it, found an air leak in the system. We 'talked' them into fixing it, but they made it worse. We went to a Freightliner Oasis dealer, and a couple thousand dollars later, it was fixed.

My take on dealers, is that Prescott, where we live now full time, has quite a bit going for them here. Other towns we've visited, we'd be lucky that there was anything for RV's. And, both locations in town have a nice supply of stuff. When you need it. I'm overall very happy with our experience with Affinity, and would recommend them. But, as noobs, and I'm a mechanic, you have to KNOW your RV, TT, or whatever, before you enter any service bay. If I had had a better knowledge of the air system, and had more time, WE would have had it fixed it the first time~! Have to be involved in other words.
Grenadiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:34 AM   #7

sbleiweiss
When I had a gas bounder, I took it in for generator service. After spending several hundred $$ on it they said it was one of 3 circuit boards and they did not know which one. There suggestion was to start w/ the cheapest to see if that was the one, then go to the next and so forth until we "solve" the problem. I paid for their tinkering and left. Later I found that if I disconnected the auto choke, the generator worked fine.

Another time they worked on the slide. I left for Quartzsite and took the White Spar highway S of Prescott. During the drive through the switch backs the slide opened up on the highway. There is a "lever" on the slide motor that when set in the proper position prevents this. So I got underneath the coach and flipped the lever, put the slide in and the problem was solved.

On my current rig, I went in for a roof vent cover. The big box kind that allows you to leave the inside vent open in the rain. I explained to them that the inside vent cover was dirty and asked them to clean it prior to installing the roof cover. They did not clean it and did not have time to do so when I picked up the rig.

Next time I'm heading to Bell Road RV in North Phoenix. I have used them in the past and found them very easy to deal with and like their quality workmanship. My drive train work is preformed at: Freightliner of Arizona: 9899 W. Roosevelt Street, Tolleson, Arizona 85353.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #8

Update from OP: We went to Affinity anyway after seeing these negative reviews. At least in our experience, they were great (knocking on wood that their fix of our slide lasts). They had us in and out in a half day (even though they fit us in sooner than they had an open appointment for), at a reasonable cost, and fixed our Schwintek slide without needing to order parts (which we didn't have time in AZ to wait for). We'd go back.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:06 PM   #9

You should buy a lottery ticket !!

Tags
arizona