Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020
Finally got word from freedom roads that they do not want replace my microwave. They want maintenance records on the microwave. Did not there was maintenance on a microwave. I paid $4200 for the warranty. They want the dealer to tear down micro to see why it fried and if they agree to fix it, the dealer must use used parts. Dealer said he refuses to tear down and I need to take to appliance repair store.

I will be calling them tomorrow. Freedom roads is owned by camping world. Funny thing is I was scheduled to test drive a $372000 motorhome tomorrow at camp world that I was interested in buying. A $300 microwave cost them the sale of anything to me.

NO DON'T buy extended warranty. Ps, I have never used this warranty in the entire 5 years I had it.
Now freedom roads said they need all maintenance records on my motorhome to see if I have complied with the warranty rules. All this for a microwave??

smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Insurance companies are sure all positive, eager, rosey to get your policy signed up and TAKE your money, but when it comes time to pay out, often try every maneuver they can to make hell for you and deny your claim. Totally frosts me.

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #59

It's like they make up the rules as they go. There's nothing in my contract that even mentions a re-inspection or a fee for it. The agent said: "That's just the way it is".
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #60

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Insurance companies are sure all positive, eager, rosey to get your policy signed up and TAKE your money,
Absolutely, Insurance agents are in the business of bringing clients to the table..That is the role of everyone is sales....TO get you to buy something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
...but when it comes time to pay out, often try every maneuver they can to make hell for you and deny your claim. Totally frosts me.
While I agree that sometimes it feels this way, and it sure feels that way when one is at the tail end of a claim denial, I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of claims processed correctly and without delay. I have had numerous claims paid (refrigerator compressor, lift pump, HWH jacks, cracked manifold, loose turbo, etc.) and a biggie denied (radiator), and they were right to deny it based on the terms of the policy I bought.

With all the "fraud" going on in this world, it is imperative that businesses hold to the letter of their agreements and verify that the policyholder has met their side of the bargain as well. It's just good business.

I believe most folks do not carefully read the policy before they buy it, and then are surprised when certain things are not covered, or documentation is required.
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
They finaly took the engine out so I got to see it. The #7 piston rings failed allowing oil to get into the firing chamber. The mechanic could not say why the rings failed. The walls the the #7 cylinder had lots of vertical marks. All others cylinder walls were good with no marks on the walls. They took the engine out backwards removing the drive shaft & trans.
The new engine is a long block from Ford. Came with a 3 year, 36,000 mile warrenty. New engine should be installed by this Wednesday. Will have to start tracking MPG all over. Hope to have many more miles on the MH since it's a new engine. Kind of like starting out all over. The warrenty Co was "The Choice".
You can PM me if you more info.

Hal
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #62

I got a new long block too. Even came with plugs. I think mine broke the top of the #8 piston off because the fuel pump wasn't putting out enough pressure or volume. I did get a couple lean codes, but they didn't come right back. Got a call yesterday that it is almost done.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I bought a 7 year 70k bumper 2 bumper / $0 deductible for my tow vehicle (Toyota). I did it because most of the miles would be used to tow my tt. Thank the Lord I did.

Things fixed were: Transmission electrical problem (took 3 weeks to fix), steering column, fan speed control, oxygen sensors (twice), catalytic converters twice on one side and once on the other side, muffler...Buying this Toyota policy cost $1100. It just ran out... I renewed for 3 more years at a cost of $1700, but it is prorated, so I can re-coup some of then cost when I plan to buy a new tow vehicle in a year or two....

I only bought the extra 3 years for the peace of mind....

I know the catalytic converters are warrantied for 7-8 years anyway thru the Govt, but being a 05' vehicle the catalytic converters cost $4000 a pair, and I think the one that was only replaced once is getting ready to go again....I don't think they can handle the back pressure....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dunner.
Mine also came w/plugs, water pump & a large gismo with a oil filter attched.
Should be done next week also. Now I think about fuel cost to run it. Have to think hard about where we'll go this summer to excape to heat.
Hal
Neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #65

Hal, I can't imagine what the oil filter thing is. Is it just what they ship it in?

I'm not worried about fuel costs. I don't like it and think it will come down before the polls open. :wink: I more than doubled my income since I started getting SS. It all depends on what my dune buddies can afford. I may go up to Sunset Crater to get out of the heat. Bad thing is you have to come back to it. Arg...
Old 03-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #66

As promised, I started a new thread about my experience with Sun City RV and my service contract experience.

Motor home is finally home
Old 03-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, got my Moho out of the shop. I had to pay $217 even though I was only suppose to pay a $50 deductible. The RV repair shop said the extended warranty company, freedom roads, would not pay the entire claim. I called freedom roads and they said the RV repair shop hose me down, aka ripped me off. Went back to RV repair shop and they said freedom roads ripped me off. Microwave was $205 dollars, what a stinking rip off. I think I will cancel extended warranty.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hal, We recently bought a 2010 DP and am considering an extended warranty. Would you advise me who you signed up with please? I have a Good Sam Gold quote and one for Cornerstone RV Ultimate coverage. They appear comparable. Thanks much. Jim
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #69

We are on our second extended warranty for our 2003 Endeavor. During the first one we had a radiator go out that cost almost $6000.00 to repair. We ended up paying $1500.00 due to some upgrades that had done at the same time. The second warranty cost us about $4500.00 but compared to the cost of an engine or tranny, that is cheap money. I got our extended warranty more for the pace of mind factor then anything else. Any one priced out a new/rebuilt Cummins 8.3 lately?
We pray that we do not need the warranty but it is good to know that it is there if we do. Besides we had the money at the time to buy the warranty, we may not have the money for reapirs when on the road.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #70

My $4.5K warranty saved me over $10K for a new V10 motor, in tank fuel pump, instrument cluster, dash AC compressor, AC dryer, expansion valve & the installation for all that.