Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #239
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,224
My air bags will extend about 10", (far more than standard coil, or leaf springs) but thats only when I'm using them to level the coach. I'm sure the ride height valves won't allow them to extend anywhere near that amount while traveling.
I can put the leveling system in manual, and move slowly with them extended, if I need extra ground clearance for some reason ( usually boarding, or un-boarding ferries in my case ).
__________________

__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #240
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Drove that route in Mar. Don't recall any particularly bad bump.
right before topoc bridge
__________________

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:58 PM   #241
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,224
Don't recall Topoc bridge !!
__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:46 PM   #242
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,452
Blog Entries: 1
I know the Topoc bridge. Been across several times. Didn't feel anything!


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:40 PM   #243
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Don't recall Topoc bridge !!
lol...it was there..
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #244
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,224
3700 mi round trip. I cross many bridges !!
__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #245
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,452
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
lol...it was there..

You had to slow down. I didn't. Didn't know of a bump nor feel it. Are your shocks shot?


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #246
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
You had to slow down. I didn't. Didn't know of a bump nor feel it. Are your shocks shot?


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
Maybe the shorter coach also has some issues with wheelbase. IMO shorter wheelbase is rougher than a longer wheelbase.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Maybe the shorter coach also has some issues with wheelbase. IMO shorter wheelbase is rougher than a longer wheelbase.
I agree
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:56 PM   #248
Senior Member
 
CampDaven's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulltime, USA
Posts: 14,452
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Maybe the shorter coach also has some issues with wheelbase. IMO shorter wheelbase is rougher than a longer wheelbase.

I agree!
Some are only comfortable with shorter length. And the short ones do ride rougher!
To get the best ride requires the confidence to maneuver greater length in all places and conditions. And I don't fault anyone for being shy of the challenge.


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #249
Senior Member
 
jondrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,841
Its odd how you can get used to anything. I don't even think twice about driving my MH towing a car anymore, even though the entire rig is over 60' long.

Granted, that does not mean driving on narrow streets or backing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I agree!
Some are only comfortable with shorter length. And the short ones do ride rougher!
To get the best ride requires the confidence to maneuver greater length in all places and conditions. And I don't fault anyone for being shy of the challenge.


Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
__________________
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2014 CRV w/EZ Tow
jondrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:51 PM   #250
Senior Member
 
cbilodeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Montreal
Posts: 957
LVRVLUVR,

You do exactly like I do in campground.

They are your best friend if their DP is superior in everything. Look how they were excited and so kind when you bought a DP.

Now that you have rational pictures and comments about air suspension they treat you like a chicken driver... and the respect is gone.

Their friendship is conditional to one thing: you must be aligned with theirs decisions.

In a campground when I make a new friend having a DP most of the time I know the relation is going to be in one direction only, otherwise there will be agressivity.

For you it is not important, you buy a motorhome for breakfast and another one at supper time.

For some of them, it is everything. It is the most important thing they ever had and it is their social image. If we touch it, watch out. Many pays too much money and they have to lie to themself everyday that they took the right decision, so if anything can brake the illusion they react right away like teenagers. It is so surprising.

It is funny and a bit sad but have fun like I do.

Ok I am gone, my technical interest is no more there in this thread, I have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn. I still would have 20 technical questions for you but it would be too complicated. I will take better decisions in my RV life from your teaching and many other will too. Keep posting please.
__________________
Carl
Fleetwood Pace Arrow vision 36.5 on Ford F53 1999 gas, V10, 6.8l with 4R100 Transmission
cbilodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #251
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
LVRVLUVR,

You do exactly like I do in campground.

They are your best friend if their DP is superior in everything. Look how they were excited and so kind when you bought a DP.

Now that you have rational pictures and comments about air suspension they treat you like a chicken driver... and the respect is gone.

Their friendship is conditional to one thing: you must be aligned with theirs decisions.

In a campground when I make a new friend having a DP most of the time I know the relation is going to be in one direction only, otherwise there will be agressivity.

For you it is not important, you buy a motorhome for breakfast and another one at supper time.

For some of them, it is everything. It is the most important thing they ever had and it is their social image. If we touch it, watch out. Many pays too much money and they have to lie to themself everyday that they took the right decision, so if anything can brake the illusion they react right away like teenagers. It is so surprising.

It is funny and a bit sad but have fun like I do.

Ok I am gone, my technical interest is no more there in this thread, I have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn. I still would have 20 technical questions for you but it would be too complicated. I will take better decisions in my RV life from your teaching and many other will too. Keep posting please.
the reason for me to have a shorter coach is that's as big as I can have and still get in and out of my property..i tow a box trailer and leave it hooked up..

there's one member that follows me around and taking nips... put him on ignore long ago...I had to buy a new trailer when I bought the 33 excursion..
went from a 24 to a 22'r with the 24 I couldn't get out of my property , or close the gate..i go down the road over 60' and with my other rig I was at 70'

jealous and mean people that never have nothing good to say are everywhere... there are some good people here with a wealth of knowledge
and a bunch I hope to someday meet and enjoy...
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #252
Senior Member
 
Excursion 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
right before topoc bridge
I forgot about that damn thing and it lifted me out of my seat in the truck when I hit it....lol
__________________

__________________
"on the road again...."

2013 FLEETWOOD EXCURSION 33A

Excursion 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
suspension



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The truth and facts about noise level in gas RV's vs DP's.. LVRVLUVR Class A Motorhome Discussions 200 08-25-2016 07:42 AM
To Air Bag or Not To Air Bag iawoody2 Trailer Towing and Tow Vehicles Discussion 4 05-15-2013 05:25 AM
Air Bag problems (suspension) and trick pumper9x9 Country Coach Owners Forum 5 05-01-2013 10:25 AM
After market air bag suspension on W22 georgem37303 Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 4 10-09-2009 07:18 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.