Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #239

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My air bags will extend about 10", (far more than standard coil, or leaf springs) but thats only when I'm using them to level the coach. I'm sure the ride height valves won't allow them to extend anywhere near that amount while traveling.
I can put the leveling system in manual, and move slowly with them extended, if I need extra ground clearance for some reason ( usually boarding, or un-boarding ferries in my case ).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2016, 12:55 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Drove that route in Mar. Don't recall any particularly bad bump.
right before topoc bridge
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:58 PM   #241

Don't recall Topoc bridge !!
Old 06-07-2016, 04:46 PM   #242

I know the Topoc bridge. Been across several times. Didn't feel anything!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Don't recall Topoc bridge !!
lol...it was there..
Old 06-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #244

3700 mi round trip. I cross many bridges !!
Old 06-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
lol...it was there..

You had to slow down. I didn't. Didn't know of a bump nor feel it. Are your shocks shot?

Old 06-08-2016, 08:25 AM   #246

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
You had to slow down. I didn't. Didn't know of a bump nor feel it. Are your shocks shot?

Maybe the shorter coach also has some issues with wheelbase. IMO shorter wheelbase is rougher than a longer wheelbase.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Maybe the shorter coach also has some issues with wheelbase. IMO shorter wheelbase is rougher than a longer wheelbase.
I agree
Old 06-08-2016, 07:56 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post

I agree!
Some are only comfortable with shorter length. And the short ones do ride rougher!
To get the best ride requires the confidence to maneuver greater length in all places and conditions. And I don't fault anyone for being shy of the challenge.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:00 PM   #249

Its odd how you can get used to anything. I don't even think twice about driving my MH towing a car anymore, even though the entire rig is over 60' long.

Granted, that does not mean driving on narrow streets or backing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I agree!
Some are only comfortable with shorter length. And the short ones do ride rougher!
To get the best ride requires the confidence to maneuver greater length in all places and conditions. And I don't fault anyone for being shy of the challenge.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #250

LVRVLUVR,

You do exactly like I do in campground.

They are your best friend if their DP is superior in everything. Look how they were excited and so kind when you bought a DP.

Now that you have rational pictures and comments about air suspension they treat you like a chicken driver... and the respect is gone.

Their friendship is conditional to one thing: you must be aligned with theirs decisions.

In a campground when I make a new friend having a DP most of the time I know the relation is going to be in one direction only, otherwise there will be agressivity.

For you it is not important, you buy a motorhome for breakfast and another one at supper time.

For some of them, it is everything. It is the most important thing they ever had and it is their social image. If we touch it, watch out. Many pays too much money and they have to lie to themself everyday that they took the right decision, so if anything can brake the illusion they react right away like teenagers. It is so surprising.

It is funny and a bit sad but have fun like I do.

Ok I am gone, my technical interest is no more there in this thread, I have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn. I still would have 20 technical questions for you but it would be too complicated. I will take better decisions in my RV life from your teaching and many other will too. Keep posting please.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:22 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
LVRVLUVR,

You do exactly like I do in campground.

They are your best friend if their DP is superior in everything. Look how they were excited and so kind when you bought a DP.

Now that you have rational pictures and comments about air suspension they treat you like a chicken driver... and the respect is gone.

Their friendship is conditional to one thing: you must be aligned with theirs decisions.

In a campground when I make a new friend having a DP most of the time I know the relation is going to be in one direction only, otherwise there will be agressivity.

For you it is not important, you buy a motorhome for breakfast and another one at supper time.

For some of them, it is everything. It is the most important thing they ever had and it is their social image. If we touch it, watch out. Many pays too much money and they have to lie to themself everyday that they took the right decision, so if anything can brake the illusion they react right away like teenagers. It is so surprising.

It is funny and a bit sad but have fun like I do.

Ok I am gone, my technical interest is no more there in this thread, I have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn. I still would have 20 technical questions for you but it would be too complicated. I will take better decisions in my RV life from your teaching and many other will too. Keep posting please.
the reason for me to have a shorter coach is that's as big as I can have and still get in and out of my property..i tow a box trailer and leave it hooked up..

there's one member that follows me around and taking nips... put him on ignore long ago...I had to buy a new trailer when I bought the 33 excursion..
went from a 24 to a 22'r with the 24 I couldn't get out of my property , or close the gate..i go down the road over 60' and with my other rig I was at 70'

jealous and mean people that never have nothing good to say are everywhere... there are some good people here with a wealth of knowledge
and a bunch I hope to someday meet and enjoy...
Old 06-08-2016, 09:40 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
right before topoc bridge
I forgot about that damn thing and it lifted me out of my seat in the truck when I hit it....lol
Excursion 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension