Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #1

Air bags wont inflate

Yesterday I pulled our 2012 Winnebago Tour out of the garage. It had not been. Started for 5-6 weeks. I let it run for 20 min to inflate the air bags. Front came up to ride height, but rear stayed down. Left coach outside so we could have a birthday party in the garage for 8 hours. When I brought it back in I let it run 20 min, same result. Front up, back down. It has a tag axle if that helps diagnose. Supposed to leave tomorrow & have to resolve. Any help is appreciated!

Michael Swinea
615-394-6841

mswinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #2

Seeing as the front airs up, it would isolate the problem to a rear ride height valve or a supply valve that is stuck and not letting air to the rear tanks. Moisture in these cold temps raise hell in air valves. I've had to tap on valves before to get them to work right in the cold on my big trucks.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #3

any air leaks? frozen air valve?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #4

Where is the air valve located?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
How cold it where your Coach is parked? inside or out? By your profile I am guessing you also have a tag axle?
I am thinking that you have Neway air ride, look here http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/chassis/XLAK40102.pdf and in the first photo you can see the air suspension level control valve
Old 12-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #6

If you have equalizer jack system try an all retract again even if jacks are up!
My Entegra sometimes does that but opposite of what yours is doing. My back will air up but front will not, i do an all retract on jacks and the valve functions and all is good! Give that a try. Hope it helps!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #7

Retract all jacks did the trick. Thanks all for your reply!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #8

I have the same setup ans used the same solution. My manual does say how to overide the valve....I will check it out and post so you have a solution if the retract jacks doesn't work next time.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #9

OK - just FYI - the equalizer system has a dump valve on mine and it is accessible through the front generator area on the outside of the dash. If all else fails it has a manual overide. However, first they recommend the retract like you guys mentioned. If that doesn't work they recomend that you shut the motor off an pump the brakes until the the air is out of the air tanks. My guess is this ensures any sensor or valve won't be stuck or hung up with to little air pressure and if you deplete the air until the system needs plenty - it probably frees things. Right out of the TS manual.