Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Air brake alarm

I have a 2003 fleetwood revolution that the alarm (same alarm that sounds if you put it in drive and leave the air brake on) starts sounding after I go a mile or so down the road. If I stop, put it in nutral the ping stops but when returning to drive will start right back up. If I stop and put it in nutral and apply the air brake, release the brake, and start to dive again with in a few blocks the ping will start back up. Has anyone had this happen? It's driving me crazy
Thanks John

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
What do your air gauges read? If both gauges are reading 120 psi then you either have a faulty alarm or it is something else. You need to have it looked at ASAP, however.

Also check your leveling panel, a jack that is not fully retracted can give a similar sounding alarm.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
X2, check air pressure and make sure that both your air tanks are holding air both parked and while driving. If air drops to a certain level your parking brake will automatically set, which you don't want happening while driving.

If you can't figure out what's going on take it to a truck shop.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:17 AM   #4

From your description it sounds like it may be your park brake alarm switch. If you have a freightliner chassis it is located on the chassis rail just in front of the drivers side duals. Drove our Cruisemaster from Texas to Colorado last summer listening to the dinging all the way. Stuffed pillows under the dash and turned up the radio to block it out. Had the part shipped to the campground in Colorado and changed it out there. Not too hard to do, you do have to crawl under the coach and reach way up to get to it. Part is about $100 from Gaffney. If I can find pictures I took I will post them.

WM
Old 02-27-2016, 09:03 AM   #5

Park Brake Switch threads into a manifold near the rear air tank and has a three pronged harness that plugs in. Unplug the harness and remove the old one and then install the new one. Of course be sure to completely
bleed the air down before doing this!

WM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Park Brake Switch .jpg
Views:	86
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	119962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Park Brake Switch location.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	119963  

Old 02-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with whimbleyman, had the same issue on my freightliner chassis. Brake alarm started going down highway. Got it Itro stop by resetting a little harder than I normally did. Replace it when I got home from trip. Easy fix and not expensive. Got part from tractor trailer supply co.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:57 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks everybody sounds like the brake alam, the air presure stay at 120 parked or driving. I will be going crawling under today to see if I can find the switch.

Tags
brake