Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #1

Air compressor

I am looking to purchase a pancake type compressor that will fit into the bays of my MH. Does anyone here have any suggestions. I think i read once where someone purchased one at Sears, but i cant find the post. Any help will be appreciated. Rivrduk
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sears has a small 2 and 3 gallon model, fits nice underneath and not as much floor space as a pancake compressor. It is not a speed demon, but satisfies my needs. Max is 125 and I use 100-105.
Hope this may help Happy Trails Bert
Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 AM   #3

Air Compressor - Porter-Cable C2002WK available at Sears
randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Check this one out:
D55140 Heavy-Duty 1 Gallon, 135 PSI Max, Trim Compressor: Power Tools Inc.

2006 Newmar Dutch Star 4027
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have this one from Harbor Freight
3 Gallon, 100 PSI Oilless Pancake Air Compressor
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #6

Depends on what you need, if you need 100 psi you better think of getting one that is 125psi at least. And a short stool to sit on while you wait and wait for your tire to reach pressure.
I just ran to Sutherlands and found what was on sale.
Then I put a quick disconnect on my pneumatic air system and no longer have to haul a compressor.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #7

I wanted one that would give me at least 100 psi without long waits to keep up that pressure level. I bought mine a couple years ago when it was on sale at Lowes. Although a bit oddly shaped, It fits in my smallest storage bin. This same unit is sold at many diff stores, under many different labels.
Amazon.com: Porter-Cable C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor: Home Improvement
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #8

I bought a nice compressor from Sears that come with all kinds of attachments. It was a 125# model. First time I used it I knew I had mad a mistake. The turn on pressure is about 95#. My tires take 105# and 110#, so when I went to bring my tires up to the correct pressure, the compressor pressure dropped to 100# and stayed there, wouldn't turn on and wouldn't inflate the tire. Had to manually reduce the pressure to below 95#, put the chuck back on the valve stem and continue inflating the tire. If you take the chuck off to check the tire pressure and it is not enough, you have to repeat the same procedure. The compressor would be great of autos but not for MHs with high tire pressure requirements.

I suggestion you get at least a 150# compressor with a high turn on pressure. It's my understanding that high quality compressors have adjustable turn on pressure. All this will cost you more but you will be happy in the long run.

Jim E
Pairajays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #9

This Sears Model is light, compact and goes up to 150 PSI.

Makes filling the tires on a Class A an easy job.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Dave
98 American Eagle 40EVS
FormerBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #10

I have a 3 gal Husky from Home Depot that is compact and is 160 psi. It is fast to 110 psi and I think it as $130. I have a 125 psi sears that would not inflate to 110 psi. Thats why I have the Husky.
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
I wanted one that would give me at least 100 psi without long waits to keep up that pressure level. I bought mine a couple years ago when it was on sale at Lowes. Although a bit oddly shaped, It fits in my smallest storage bin. This same unit is sold at many diff stores, under many different labels.
Amazon.com: Porter-Cable C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor: Home Improvement
I have been using this one also. I have had it for about 3 years and am very happy with the performance.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #12

The man i purchased this from has a quick connect in one of his bays. I was wondering what this was. Will it air up the tires if need be from the MH compressor. I was wondering what this was And if so, will it be faster than a small compressor that i will carry with me,if so i guess the Mh will need to be running. I am new to this. Let me know the procedure. Rivrduk
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
I need 115 PSI in the front tires. The Sears 6 gallon 150PSI unit does that for me quickly.

The air chucks in my rig will take the tires to about 107 lbs, but very slowly for the last 7 lbs.

I do bleed the air system by occasionally depressing the nozzle needle to keep the onboard compressor working while filling.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #14

I'd sure like to test one before buying. Had a 2 hp 8 gallon model from HF, advertised 115 PSI. It did fine on an 80 PSI 5th wheel tire, but would never even come close to what a MH needs...sold it today!
hooverbill is offline   Reply With Quote