Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
air gauges flopps from 0-130

Then the low air buzzer comes on and I am not sure where to look for the problem. This is 2000 Sports coach on Freight liner chassis with 275 cummins diesel. About 42000 miles.

voncluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
I'am haing comter problems Its your VDU

RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #3

So, you believe it's my computer VDU visual display unit? Is that correct? If so can that be corrected or does it call for new computer?
voncluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
I suggest contacting Freightliner with your serial number. I had a similar problem, after contacting Freightliner the second or third time they had identified the problem and replaced the wiring in the dash, it fixed my problem. I fought this for several years, while driving along my air gauges would bounce from 0 to 150 and the alarm would go off. This would go on for a few minutes and then stop. I have a 2007 Sportscoach Crosscountry.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 PM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
voncluck, similar behavior last year. '02 FL chassis w/Cat 330. Problem is in the VDC- Vehicle Data Computer- that feeds multiplexed sensor info to your dash gauges. This is a known failure item.

John & Diane, fulltiming since '12
'02 DS, FL, 3126, '04 Element
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:41 AM   #6
Sorry still having computer trouble!! Yes I sodered the connections as shown on here somewhere and the problem was solved. I could actually see cracks in the cold solder joints. Google the VDU and the repair directions will come up. Not a hard repair. I wish this computer repair was that easy, I need a new one.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:36 AM   #7
I explained the issue in my answer to this same question you posed on another thread. You know where to look and what to look for. That VDC is approximately 7"x7"x about an inch or so thick. And, it's got the two air lines leading to it. To remove the air lines, you really should deplete the air system completely. Then, you have to push on the air hose that enters the VDC, that takes pressure off the collar. Then, push on the collar and, that will release it's bite on the hose. The hose will now slide out.

You'll need to do this for both hoses. Then simply un plug the electrical plug(s) to it and, remove the VDC for bench work.
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #8
Me again, still waiting for my new laptop. Lets try again, there are pictures on this site posted by one of the membrs showing exactly what to do and it worked for me on the 2003 Winnebago Journey on a Freightliner with a 330 C7 Cat. Oh ya thanks to whoever pointed me in the right direction. The Freightliner dealer sent me a picture on the dash and insisted that was what I needed??? What planet was she from Thats after I sent her a picture of a VDU. So I asked her to resend the picture she said she couldn't. WOW!! Got to go while this thing is still working GOOD LUCK
Old 10-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Owners Club
I my memory serves me correctly re solder the 4 cold solder joints where the air hoses come in. Did mine 10 years ago and has worked since.

Good luck

Charlie Tuit, 2002 Journey, 32T, XL7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote